Sunday, May 06, 2007

Crazy Busy

I can't believe the last time I updated was Monday. Whew, what a week it has been.

My mom is back in the hospital yet again. I am so exhausted after driving the 90 minutes one way to go down to see her this weekend. I made that trip both Saturday AND Sunday, Saturday alone and Sunday with JD and Bug. Bleh. She seems to be doing better and I've been in touch with her doctor and he seems to think she's doing better, so that's a relief.

Work has been ok, a little twilight zone like but it's keeping me busy. I'll be posting a bit about the oddities of the department I work in...hopefully later this week.

Speaking of twilight zone-like things, as I mentioned in this post, my supposed best friend had decided to blast me out of the water with her half cocked observations of my relationship with Cali. We exchanged a few emails, things got heated and she ended it with a sort of goodbye email that ended with "I don't know what else to say. I wish you luck in whatever you do. Take care." That was the end of our contact...I took that as a sort of goodbye. There are two places that we both tend to see each other and she's avoided both of those places over the past two weeks. Then on Friday I get a text message from her, "Hi, so are you still mad at me?" Uh where do I begin? So she's turned it around as if I ended the contact because I was angry with her when she was the one that said the good byes. Yes I was angry with her but she cut off the contact...now she's turning it around. I didn't even know where to start and quite honestly a text message was the last place to have that conversation. I don't even know if I have the energy or desire to revisit the issue with her. I'm still incredibly hurt by her accusations and judgments of Cali and our relationship....all completely unsolicited and unfounded. I just don't know...the weekend has been so stressful with my mom's hospitalization and everything else that I don't have the desire to deal with that issue. Maybe later this week I'll find the time and energy to email her...but not right now. Cali was speechless when I told him about her text message. He told me to look for the hidden cameras with all the oddities that are happening in my life lately. I think he may be right, I just hope they're going to pay me for the rights to my life story!!!

Bug has still been fighting this cough/cold garbage but he's managed to stay healthy enough to go to daycare so I haven't missed any more work, thank goodness. In fact, this past Friday was his last day at the daycare center. As of tomorrow morning he'll be going to the babysitter's (his little girlfriend's house) every day permanently. What a tremendous relief for us all!

Home life has been uneventful, JD and I are getting along ok. He hasn't made any more effort to make the move out of the house but I also haven't pushed it just yet. I think we'll have to talk about it again this coming week otherwise he'll blow it off and assume that all has blown over. He's making all kinds of plans for us for the upcoming weeks/months and I keep hesitating when he mentions it to me. Quite honestly we have no way of knowing if we'll be together then. I think he's in denial just a bit.

Cali is fabulously Cali as usual. We had a pretty good week, I've found myself relaxing a bit in my expectations from him and in turn he's been very good at making sure to call, etc. So it's been a win-win situation for us both. He's still sick unfortunately but hopefully on the upswing. I didn't hear from him yesterday but we exchanged a handful of text messages this evening. He texted me with a "Hi Sweetie, How Are You" and immediately followed it up with a text asking about my mom. ::sigh:: May not sound like a big deal to some but for me it is. He knows that my mom's health has been on my mind and the fact that he thought to ask right away means a lot to me. He always manages to surprise me and show that he cares in various ways. It may not be the exact way I would want or expect but in retrospect it's his way of showing that he cares. I think I need to learn that...I'm getting there!

Well I have laundry to finish up and I need to get my stuff together as well as Bug's things for tomorrow so I better get going. Hopefully I will be a bit better with updates this week, it's just been crazy around here.

No comments: