Not as strong as I claim to be...
Cali called me last night. Oh boy where do I start. He's had some major issues come up in his life, things that are really difficult to deal with and knowing him and how he handles stress it's overwhelming to say the least. We talked for a long time..about us, his life, my life, everything. I flat out asked him, "Do you want me in your life or not? If you do say so and give me something to hold onto. If you don't, don't ask me to wait around...just let me go so I can move on." He broke down into tears...first time I've EVER seen or heard him cry. Told me that he wants me in his life more than anything but he is so confused and overwhelmed with things at home and at work that he doesn't even know how or where to begin to rebuild *us*. I understand that to a point. He's definitely someone who internalizes stress and problems..doesn't want to talk about them. We talked a bit more and I told him that I do want to be there for him and be with him but I can't do that unless he lets me. He understood where I was coming from. Told me that he thinks about me every day and has actually gone so far as to begin to pick up the phone to call but has so much on his mind that he gets overwhelmed. He said that he misses me and can't stop thinking about being with me, so much so that it hurts. He asked how things were going with me and apologized for not *being there* for me when I need him. I know him well enough that I can tell when he's stressed and preoccupied with something and it was glaringly obvious on the phone last night. He sounded exhausted - mentally, physically, and emotionally. This entire situation has really taken it's toll on him and his health. I told him that I wished I could be there to just hold him and he started to cry even harder. Told me that he wants that very same thing. He had to go pick up dinner so we ended our call, but not before he actually promised that he will call me next week so that we can talk more. He said he wants to know what is going on with me and be there for me as best as he can.
I don't know...I just don't know. Logically I know that it's not an ideal situation or relationship but Good Lord I care so much about him. As soon as I heard his voice a part of me just melted...I felt the way I do every time he calls. Took me back to the time when all I wanted was to be with him, holding him, loving him. There is a very large part of me that still wants that and is right back there now. What am I doing!?!?!?! Don't answer that...lol.
I know that this isn't the smartest move or the best choice but I simply cannot walk away completely. Not yet...there is something that continues to pull me back in. I don't know the answer and at times I don't even know the question...all I do know is that I'm unable to completely walk away from him. Wish me luck cuz I know that I am going to need it.
I don't know...I just don't know. Logically I know that it's not an ideal situation or relationship but Good Lord I care so much about him. As soon as I heard his voice a part of me just melted...I felt the way I do every time he calls. Took me back to the time when all I wanted was to be with him, holding him, loving him. There is a very large part of me that still wants that and is right back there now. What am I doing!?!?!?! Don't answer that...lol.
I know that this isn't the smartest move or the best choice but I simply cannot walk away completely. Not yet...there is something that continues to pull me back in. I don't know the answer and at times I don't even know the question...all I do know is that I'm unable to completely walk away from him. Wish me luck cuz I know that I am going to need it.


7 comments:
OK, I've written and erased several comments.
I want to wish you good luck, and yes, I think you're going to need it.
I understand the draw you feel, but sometimes our hearts totally overrule our heads. (A t-shirt I have several times over)
As you go through the process of discussing the two of you with Cali, please keep in mind that there is someone out there for you who is free to be with you, able to give you what you deserve.
If it is not within Cali's power to make changes in his life to allow you to be together, then he needs to walk away for YOUR sake. That's selfless and that is what true love is all about.
And don't forget words are so easy to say....Cali can cry, wring his hands, tell you how much he misses you and wants to be with you. But his actions? He can only find the time to call you on rare occasions? Honestly, you deserve so much more and it IS out there for you.
Sorry if I sound harsh or overly critical of Cali, it's just that I've been in the position of wanting to hear those kinds of things from a man and when I heard them, I forgot to engage my brain. I'd have saved myself a lot of heartache if I'd payed more attention to actions instead of putting so much stock in words and tears.
Wow... OK, think back to what he was like when you first met - and you caught him in a lie, which he still doesn't even recognize as a lie. I dunno 'bout you, but I'd have a hard time taking anything the man says at face value - he's capable of buying into his lies so completely, even he begins to believe them, and thus can convincingly sell them to anyone. Caveat emptor.
I can't say for certain whether what he says is genuine or not. Problem is, neither can you - and just maybe neither can he. If you want to continue pursuing it, tread carefully. And as you mentioned to me, wait and see if he actually follows through with his promised phone call.
There's nothing worse than walking away and wondering. If you don't have closure, or a proper continuation, you get stuck in limbo hon. Go with your gut. Hugs
Thank you for that T-Shirt. I know that you mean all of that with the best intentions and I do appreciate it. I actually agree with you and in the logical light of day know it's the truth. For some reason I'm simply unable to walk away just yet and that's what frustrates me. I am normally a really strong person but for he's totally messed with my mind. I begin to find that strength and then he calls and WHOOSH it's gone out the window. I think I need to find that strength and hold onto it for dear life.
Drama
I know Matt...I know. We'll see if that call comes through. It's already Thursday afternoon and no call. Not looking too good for him at this point.
Drama
Thank you Fiona. Maybe that's part of it. I don't feel like there is closure on either of our parts. I'm not ready to walk away and obviously he's still there, even if only sporadically. I think maybe I just need a damn backbone to walk away on my own. Anyone have an extra, evidently the one I used to have has been damaged cuz it's not working any longer.
Drama
Drama,
Trust me, I SO know where you are at with the not being able to walk away and stay away.
I was at that place with my asshole boy toy bf...could NOT walk away, EVEN tho he was boning a chick at work! How pathetic was I? Well, anyway...my therapist said, "No one says you have to end it until you are ready to. So stop wasting time worrying about what you know you SHOULD be doing (dumping his lying cheating good for nothing ass). Just give yourself permission to ride this out until you are not willing to ride the ride anymore.
And that is exactly what I did, and I imagine that is exactly what you need to do.
I just know that NOW I wished I'd saved myself about four months of anguish and heartache. I lost all self respect during that time. I wish I had been able to walk away sooner is all.
I hope you get there soon too :)
Hugs
Post a Comment