Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I got nuthin...

Yep nothing going on. I worked this morning for a few hours, it sucked. Grabbed lunch on the way home and here I am. I have no desire to do any laundry, I have a buttload of dishes sitting in the sink to be done - not doing them, my dining room looks like the post office vomited - not cleaning up the old junk mail...nope I'm doing NOTHING.

Haven't heard from Cali today other than a couple text messages. The wife is home sick today. He just texted me to tell me that he's with his daughter.

I'm beyond frustrated right now. I had asked my mom to care for Bug while I went to Cali, we were on the phone and I even told her to get her calendar so that we could make sure she was free those days. She assured me that she would be available that entire week and would be here to care for Bug. Fast forward to this weekend. She called JD on his cell phone to ask him how he could possibly allow me to go and did he know this friend of mine that I'm staying with. FTR, JD doesn't know this "friend" and he's not overly concerned. He informed her (as I'm assuming she was unaware, being my MOM and all) that I am in fact 40 some years old and an ADULT and furthermore he is not my father and therefore he doesn't grant or deny me permission to do anything. So last night *I* called her at home and she asks me when I am leaving for my "little trip". I said the date and she announces that we have a "problem" because she has an appt. that she had to reschedule and it's scheduled for :::drumroll::: while I am supposed to be in California!!!!!!!!! Ah yeah I can always rely on my mom to screw things up. As soon as the announcement was out of her mouth she immediately started in about how could I possibly take a trip without my husband and child and what do I know about this person I'm going to see (to explain I've been telling everyone that I'm going to meet up with a female friend that I met online....not a totally far fetched explanation as I've done it before). She also couldn't understand that a *perfect stranger* would want to pay for my flight and hotel to come out to visit, blah blah blah. It became perfectly clear that this had nothing to do with her having an appt. she couldn't change but everything to do with the fact that she didn't feel I should go and therefore was backing out in the hopes it would screw up my plans. She waited until AFTER my flight was booked and paid for and the hotel room has been booked. I knew it was going to happen, the way she acted calling my husband (remember she's *MY* mother and she's calling my husband to question it!!) this weekend, I told JD that she was going to play games with the trip. I just knew it. Score one for mom or so she thinks. She doesn't realize that her controlling ways have just pushed our already strained relationship over the edge. I'm done. She thinks that her backing out would mess it up but we've already secured someone to care for Bug for at least 3 of the 4 days that I'm gone. I'm so upset that she would do this and the way she's undermining me by going to my husband. I'm over 40 for God's sake, I haven't lived at home in almost 20 years, why can't she just leave things alone? Her meddling and controlling is ending. Stick a fork in me...I'm done, finished, it's over.

I know she loves Bug but she has this screwed up view of what is acceptable to say to a toddler and how to talk to him. Heaven forbid I should comment or ask her to refrain from certain terms or phrases, she rolls her eyes and tells me that she's "just joking". Yeah ok, when he gets upset and starts to cry she tells him, "Stop crying or I'm going to leave and go home." Oh yeah that's the solution...threaten him with a form of abandonment. I'm sure that will stop him from crying. Ugh WTF?! It's just messed up and I don't know how much to allow. I don't want to restrict or prevent her from seeing him because I do want him to have a relationship with his grandmother BUT the momma tiger in me wants to scoop him up and run far away to keep him from being hurt by her comments and actions. Parents and grandparents (and family in general) are supposed to be your safe place....the protection you need from the *real world* not the life's lessons to toughen you up. I hate this.

Ok I think I need to do something productive. Sitting here is just allowing me to think about this crap and then I get angrier and more frustrated.

Drama out...for now.

No comments: