Friday, January 19, 2007

Tell Me Why...I Don't Like Fridays...

Remember this song? Change "Mondays" to "Fridays"....

I Don't Like Mondays
The Boomtown Rats

The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload.
And nobody's gonna go to school today,
She's going to make them stay at home.
And daddy doesn't understand it,
He always said she was as good as gold.
And he can see no reason
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be shown?

Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot
The whole day down.

The telex machine is kept so clean
As it types to a waiting world.
And mother feels so shocked,
Father's world is rocked,
And their thoughts turn to
Their own little girl.
Sweet 16 ain't so peachy keen,
No, it ain't so neat to admit defeat.
They can see no reasons
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be shown?

Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot
The whole day down.

All the playing's stopped in the playground now
She wants to play with her toys a while.
And school's out early and soon we'll be learning
And the lesson today is how to die.
And then the bullhorn crackles,
And the captain crackles,
With the problems and the how's and why's.
And he can see no reasons
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to die?

Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
Tell me why?
I don't like Mondays.
I want to shoot
The whole day down.
No I'm not going to go on a shooting spree al a Brenda Spencer. I just don't like Fridays. It's the end of the week which means limited time with Cali over the weekend. Bleh. We always manage to find time to talk and keep contact over the weekend but it's not nearly as regular or as often. Couple that with the fact that this weekend is when JD and I are "celebrating" our anniversary. Not looking forward to the weekend AT ALL. I want to give it a fair shot to have an enjoyable time with JD but I have ZERO DESIRE to go out and do something "fun" with him. We have little to nothing in common any more, when we go out to dinner without Bug the conversation is restrained and restricted, and I find myself trailing off into a million thoughts about things I need to do around the house or what I'm going to do next week. I almost feel like the whole anniversary thing is an obligation and because of that it makes it less enjoyable. In fact, whenever there is a holiday such as this JD will discuss what our *budget* will be for gifts and then write me a check to cover his gift. How screwy is that? All this week he's been asking me if I need him to care for Bug so that I can go shop for his gift. Uh what? Like he's worried that I won't get him something. The whole obligation and *business deal* of the situation makes me crazy.

Cali just called as he headed to work. He's normally not up and heading into work this early in the morning so it's a bit of a shock to his poor lazy butt. hehe It's going to be a stressful day for him so I'm glad I got a chance to talk to him this morning, hopefully my words will help keep him a bit calmer today. Hopefully it won't be a long day for him, he's going to be on the road all day with management accompanying him. Not a fun day at all. But that short 5 minute conversation made such a huge difference for me. I hope it did for him as well. He asked about Bug and how he was feeling and how my night was. I know it's trivial but knowing that he is truly concerned about me and Bug and how we are doing makes my heart melt.

I am really looking forward to just being with him, being able to touch him, run my fingers through his hair, hearing his heart beat, lying my head on his chest, the most basic things. Of course, I'm looking forward to the other things as well ::wink::wink:: but that'll come later. hehe

Anyway, time to get moving and attempt to be productive today. That's all I have for now.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, I didn't read everything in your blog but I read enough to realize that you and I have a few things in common!! EEK!! Funny, in an odd way, that is reassuring to me.

Drama said...

Thanks for the comment, Chelle. Actually I've been reading your blog for a while. I do see some similarities as well. hehe :)

Drama