A little bit of everything...
Yeah that about covers my day today. Bug woke up this morning with a nasty case of hives. He's NEVER really been sick or had an allergic reaction to anything other than a vaccination when he was a wee one so this was a bit disturbing. Set up an appt. to see his ped and immediately she said it was hives. We're thinking the meds he's been on TWICE in the past 6 weeks are the cause. So he's on drugs and oatmeal baths until further notice. He was extremely emotional and whiny all day today. Everything set him off and he was in such pain from the rash and swelling. Poor Bug. :( He was extremely upset that he wasn't able to go to school today. By this evening, after two doses of Benadryl and a nice long soak in the oatmeal bath he seems to be a bit better. He's crashed out in my bed tonight.
Cali booked our hotel rooms today. YEAH!! We had a very good day. I called him as I got out of the peds office to leave him a message about Bug's situation and surprise, he had his phone on! So we talked for a bit as he was heading into the office. He said he'd call me when he was done in the office, expecting it to be a couple hours max. I spent the day with Bug and trying to keep him content which was a challenge at times. I got a text from Cali late in the evening saying that he missed me :) and would be leaving the office in a little bit. He ended up calling as I was in the middle of my workout at the gym. I stopped for a minute to answer my phone and when he realized I was at the gym he apologized for disturbing me and insisted I go back to my workout instead of missing it. I finished my workout and decided to try his cell to see if he was still on the road. Sure enough, SCORE!! He was actually minutes from home so we had another chance to talk. Our conversations today were pretty light but meaningful and I felt so at peace and happy today. Normally I feel stressed out when we haven't talked..almost bordering on unhealthy but this past week has been awesome. I feel like I've taken my life back which is a great thing. So many times he'd say he was going to call and I'd rearrange my day to be available all day and for whatever reason he wouldn't be able to call at all. I'd be practically climbing the walls and frustrated that I held off on my life waiting for him. But he never asked me to do that, he wants me to continue living my life and knows that at times I won't be free to talk as easily. We both want to spend as much time as possible together but we both also have lives and things to do. I'm glad he's encouraging me to maintain things....not that I needed him to tell me but knowing that he doesn't want me to sacrifice the things that are important to me means a lot. He told me he'd try to call later this evening but no promises. I just asked him to text me if he wasn't going to be able to call. Imagine my surprise when my phone rang late tonight. YAY He was able to get out to call again. We talked briefly, he asked how Bug was doing as he was worried about him. It was a very basic conversation, nothing earth shattering or in depth...just the two of us spending time together the only way we can at this point. I got off the phone after our call feeling totally content and happy. He has some obligations for work tomorrow which will drastically limit our normal Friday conversations but that's ok. I'm good with that....which is a switch. Normally I'd be upset and panicked that we weren't going to talk tomorrow. I will survive.
Things with E are still um....there, I guess. We still chat and text. We had an interesting conversation the other day via text messages.
Me: "Trip to Cali is booked"
E: "Congrats we sure have an interesting relationship"
Me: "How so? Because I can talk to you about Cali?
E: "Yeah."
Me: "Would you rather I not mention him?"
E: "No, it keeps things in perspective"
Me: "Perspective? Meaning it helps you from falling madly in love with me ;)?"
E: "Yeah or...vice versa"
Me: "So are you saying if Cali wasn't in the picture there is a chance of falling or being fallen for?"
E: "Yeah could be but I think the rings do a little of that too"
Me: "I would have thought the rings before Cali. Interesting coming from you"
It is interesting that he views my relationship with Cali more of a deterrent than my marriage, tho I guess the fact that my marriage is in such a mess may have something to do with it. Also interesting for him to even talk about falling or being fallen for. I always viewed him as the guy who could easily control his emotions and wouldn't allow himself to fall. I told myself when I first met him that I could never fall for him...he's too big of a cheater and a jerk but he is a genuine nice guy...maybe a bit unbalanced and he definitely has issues but he's a good guy. Just an interesting conversation between us...that's all.
Ok I have an early morning call coming from my Cali Baby so I need to get some sleep.
Drama go nite nite...Sleep Well!!


No comments:
Post a Comment