I'm a leavin' on a jet plane...c'mon sing it with me!!
It's official. I am heading to California in THREE weeks. Yeah Baby!! Cali booked my flight tonight while we were on the phone. I practically hyperventilated when I got the email from him with the confirmation details. I can't believe it's booked. In three weeks we'll be together. Yay yay yay. Can ya tell I'm excited?
Things have been going really well with us. We didn't have a lot of contact over the weekend but what little bit we did have was nice. In fact, other than a dozen or so text messages, we didn't talk at all yesterday. But the fact that he snuck away to text me was enough for me. :) He even sent me an updated photo which I've been bugging him for. Today was kind of a crazy day, I worked and he had meetings. Normally he calls me on his way into the office or at the least when he goes to lunch but today I got nothing. When I tried to call him later in the day his phone was off...or at least it went right to voice mail which usually means it's off. I was a little worried thinking that something was wrong or he was ill. But I tried again a little later to find out that his battery had died and he had it charging in his car. We talked for a brief time but he had to go. Then he texted me tonight to see if I was free to talk. That's when we booked the flight. Didn't talk a lot but it's funny, our conversation was predominantly "task oriented" and brief but I still felt incredibly close to him. We both had this sort of calmness and comfortableness (is that a word) tonight. We talked briefly about the schedule for tomorrow and things in both our lives..nothing remarkable, nothing earth shattering, just comfortable.
He said something incredibly cute the other day. We weren't arguing, we were just bantering back and forth about something. He got exasperated at my insistence regarding the topic (something totally trivial if I remember correctly) and said, 'You know I wish you were here right now. I'd just kiss you to shut you up.' He was laughing as he said it and it just struck me as such a cute comment. I know I'm goofy.
JD and I have been tolerating each other. This coming week is our wedding anniversary. We're going out to dinner to "celebrate" (?) which is kind of odd considering how we're not getting along but whatever. I'm just hoping for a semi pleasant evening out with a meal and that's it. We shall see.
Ok I just got a notice that the "Happy Valentine's Day, Cali" outfit I ordered is now backordered and I may not get it in time. Damnitall!! It was perfect too.
Ok I'm off to bed. Drama goes nite nite


No comments:
Post a Comment