Random Bug Cuteness
Bug said something yesterday that I HAD TO share...even if I'm the only one that reads this.
He was sick and couldn't go to school yesterday. Well Thursdays are "letter day" and he needs to bring an item in that starts with the pre-appointed letter of the day. So since he missed school due to illness he insisted that I call his teacher to find out what letter they would be discussing on Thursday. She called me back and told me what letter it would be. Ironically the letter is the same letter that my name starts with. For argument, we'll assume it's "D". So we're sitting on the couch going through varying items that start with D and he says to me with this lightbulb type moment look on his face, "Momma, I can take you to Letter Day! Your name starts with D so you can be my letter item, ok?" I asked him if he'd rather bring a dog, or drum, or some other letter D item and he insisted that I was his favorite letter D.
Last week I was making lunch when he came running into the room all excited.
Bug: "Momma!! Guess What!?!?"
Me: "What Buddy?"
Bug: "I just had a revelation!"
Me: "You had a what?" (keeping in mind he's only 3.5 so the fact that he can pronounce the word revelation amazes me to no end.)
Bug: "A revelation
Me: "Yeah that's right, Bug. Good job."
I probably should have been more proud of the fact that he grasped the rhyming deal and was dead on with moon and spoon, however, I was still reeling with the knowledge that my son knew what revelation meant. They grow up way too fast.
The other night as we were driving along he glanced up at the sky and said, "Hey Momma, look at the moon. It's shaped like a crescent."
Yep, sure enough the moon was shaped like a crescent. I better get smarter and quick, otherwise I'm in big big trouble with this child.


No comments:
Post a Comment