Sunday, February 11, 2007

Drama Meets Cali - Part 2

I'm feeling a bit stronger so hopefully I can get through the rest of the story of "us". Thursday morning we woke up and began our day the way we had the morning before, with some really good early morning sex. LOL We had some of the remaining champagne and then threw on some clothes to head down to grab some breakfast. Our hotel had a breakfast buffet so we grabbed some food and some orange juice and brought it back to our room. We curled up in bed, drinking our own version of mimosas and munching on breakfast like foods. It was so romantic and I don't know...decadent I suppose. We finally tore ourselves from the cozy bed and got into the shower.

Cali had one quick stop to make before we began our trip to San Diego. It was almost 80 degrees and absolutely gorgeous out. We made the trip back to San Diego and was able to check into our hotel early. Cali had an appt. for work so I hung out at the hotel, checked my email, and went to the fitness center to work out while he was gone. He called me when he was on his way back and asked me to meet him at this steakhouse nearby to have a drink. Well a drink turned into 4 or 5, we were laughing and chatting with the other bar customers as well as the bartender. It was really a lot of fun, thankfully the bar was next door to our hotel and we were able to walk (well maybe stagger...lol) back to the room. We hung out in bed for a bit and while I showered, Cali went to a nearby liquor store to get some more champagne for the night as well as orange juice. YUM. A girl could get used to this.

Since we missed out on making it to our dinner reservations we decided to head out to find a place to eat. We ended up at an adorable Mexican grill, where we sat outside by a beautiful fireplace. Talk about romance. Cali ordered for us both ::swoon:: and we enjoyed the patio. Our food was amazing. We had planned to go out to some of the nearby clubs to dance the night away but Cali was starting to get tired. We did end up at a nearby piano bar for a bit and he seemed to wake up a bit and was able to enjoy it. I saw him really starting to fade so I suggested we head out and get a cab back to our hotel. We did that and when we got back to our room he literally crashed in bed. I curled up with him and we both fell fast asleep. As per usual Cali, about an hour to an hour and half later he woke up full rested. ;)

Good Lord, I love waking up with that man...any time of the day or night. ::sigh:: We were cuddled in each others arms and my neck was starting to hurt. I went to turn over to the other side and he asked, "Where do you think you're going?" He thought I was trying to pull away. I had no intention of going anywhere just trying to relieve the potential headache that was starting. I love how he wants to maintain constant contact when we're in bed. That's something I love and crave. There was not one single moment in bed that we did not have our feet entwined or I wasn't lying on his chest, or in his arms, or we were spooning with my head on his arms....all night long. I JUST LOVE IT!!

We woke up early in the am knowing it was our last morning together and the tears were already welling in my eyes. Every time I looked at him my heart just started to ache. Knowing that in a few hours we'd no longer be together. We took full advantage of our last morning together and eventually tore ourselves out of bed to get breakfast. Since we again had champagne and OJ in our room, we slipped up to the breakfast buffet, grabbed some sweet rolls and came back to our room to eat alone. As we were finishing up our breakfast I cuddled up on Cali's lap and suggested we head back to bed for one last opportunity....it didn't take much encouragement on my part for him to agree. hehe It was definitely worth it. We finally decided that we needed to get our butts moving as I wanted to pick up some gifts for the Bug before we headed to the airport. We got up and showered together, as per our usual morning routine since being together. It's so funny, we shower together and talk, laugh, joke...it's an interesting dynamic.

We got everything packed up and into the car...with a fair amount of tears on my part. He was comforting me as best as possible and continued to remind me that I had an amazing and beautiful little boy back home that needed me and that I needed to be with. He was totally right and I was so grateful for his logical support. As we were getting dressed, as I had every single day that we were together, I asked him to help select my underwear. This time he wasn't terribly into it and finally said, "Geez, why am I bothering, it's not like I'll get to see them on you or get to take them off you tonight. JD will be the lucky recipient." I had to remind him that JD was going to be seeing nothing and I would be wearing them for him even if he didn't get to see them.

We checked out of the hotel and drove into the Old Town area. We wandered around checking out the architecture and he played tour guide. I love how he does that, informing me of all the history and stories behind certain things. I was looking for a t-shirt for Bug and some other items. I told him that JD had asked me to get him a t-shirt so I went into one shop. He started to make suggestions of what shirt he thought was nice and then I said to him, "You do realize you are helping me select a gift for JD?" He laughed and said, "Yeah it hit me but I know you need to get him something so why shouldn't I help you?" Geez I love that man....Found some great deals on souvenir type stuff and then we headed to an outdoor Mexican cafe for lunch. Our meal was amazing, the patio was beautiful. It was truly an awesome afternoon. We asked the waitress to take a photo of us - the last photo from our trip together. Ironically it turned out to be my absolute favorite photo of us together and I'm so glad that we asked her. We walked back to the car joking and laughing all the way.

Made the trip to the airport with only mild incidence as we were running a bit late and there was an accident on the freeway. Had some issues with my return flight or lack thereof as American Airlines had canceled my return flight for some unknown reason. Cali was stressed since he had a meeting to get to at work so we said our tearful goodbyes. It was the single most difficult thing I think I have done, knowing that would be the last time I would kiss him or he would hold me in his arms for what feels like eternity. I felt like a chunk of my heart was staying behind as I walked away from him towards the security area. He said he'd stay and watch me get through security, which he did. I looked back at him a couple of times to wave and see him attempt a smile in my direction. He had already put his sunglasses on which I knew meant he most probably had tears in his eyes. I made it through security easily and headed to my gate. I called him to talk for a second as I needed to hear his voice. As soon as I heard him say hello I lost it. I broke down and began sobbing uncontrollably. I just could not deal. So many times I had this gut feeling to run out of the airport and get a cab to his office. But I knew that I needed to get home to my Bug, he needed me more than I needed to be with Cali. Cali's words kept echoing in my mind that Bug needed his momma and I needed to be there for him. He's totally right...I hate it when he's right. My flight ended up running later than scheduled and we didn't take off for another hour or so. I grabbed something to eat and called a good friend of mine who knew I was going to Cali and knew the entire story. He's been there for me throughout this ordeal and while he doesn't necessarily agree with what I'm doing, he does support me and is there for me. I cried on his shoulder and he helped to cheer me up and made me laugh a bit which helped tremendously. Thank you so much for that, BL. Cali told me to keep him posted and let him know the details if my flight was delayed, etc. So as things changed I sent him a text with the details. The flight was pretty smooth other than the goofy delays. I loaded all the photos of us that we took in California onto my laptop and then onto my iPod. So now anytime I want to I can watch a slide show of the photos of us. It really helped on the flight back to kind of relive those moments and memories.

Speaking of memories...I had asked Cali to bring a shirt that I could have. I wanted a shirt of his that he would wear while we were together and I could take home when I left. He ended up bringing a shirt which he wore and then gave to me and I subsequently wore to sleep in while we were together. I just love knowing that this t-shirt I have here is his and he's worn it. It's not old or beat up but it's incredibly soft from being washed and worn. Of course, he had a request as well...he wanted a um...pair of underpants. I told him I thought he was a freak for asking but that I'd allow him this indulgence on one condition...that he promise he wasn't going to wear them. We laughed about it and he promised me that he had no intention of wearing them. Whew what relief. I let him select which pair he wanted and he happily packed them up on Friday to take with him. Goofball...but I do have to admit I think it's kind of hot to know that he has a pair of my underpants with him at all times. Yes we're both freaks and I happily admit it. Just grateful we found each other to be freaky together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok that's hot.

Drama said...

LOL, glad you enjoyed it. I just re-read through the post and I'm now feeling a bit of nostalgia. Good thing I'll be back in his arms in less than 3 weeks.

Thanks for stopping by, LBP.

Drama