One . More . Day ! ! ! Wheeeeeeeeee!!!
Yep that's right, one more day and I'll be on my way to see Cali. Holy Crap! In just a little over 36 hours I will be in the arms of my Cali Guy! I am so excited,nervous, overwhelmed...it's making me absolutely freakin' crazy!! I have so much to do today. Laundry, packing, get my eyebrows waxed (lol), get things settled for Bug, pick up some odd and end last minute things including a little giftie card for Cali for Valentine's Day, and oh eventually try to sleep tonight. I *highly* doubt the last item will be accomplished, I think I'll be wayy too nervous to do it. I went to bed after 3 am last night (this morning??) and could not fall asleep. My mind was playing all kinds of scenarios over and over and I couldn't get it to turn off. I'm not even tired this am either, which is pretty surprising. It's colder than a witches tit here today and I'm dreading going out in the cold but I gotta do it.
Yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday for those of you living under a rock...hehe. We ended up over at family for the evening. It was a nice evening for the most part, sure as hell better than sitting at home with the unsociable one for the evening. The only bummer is that Bug gets abused by his cousin and said cousin's parents don't do a whole lot to prevent it. So I had to be on the defensive to protect my kid for much of the evening. I hate that.
As we were leaving to head out to the Super Bowl party Cali called me. ::swoon:: I hadn't talked to him since Friday other than a few text messages on Saturday so it was oh so good to hear his voice. We talked about how neither of us can believe we're only a day away from seeing each other. He sounded just as excited as I did which is always good to hear. We talked a bit about the week, plans, what I'm packing (I'm so obsessed with packing!), and most importantly how neither of us can wait to see the other.
Friday night I went out with Mamacita to a nearby bar. I was a good girl and only had a couple glasses of wine so I was totally fine by the time we left. Mamacita on the other hand had had more than her share of alcohol. She wouldn't let me drive her home but she did agree to me following her all the way. She did fine and made it home safely which was all I was worried about. Cali called me during the evening while I was out and we got to talk for a bit. I was thrilled to hear from him. Hearing his voice always makes things so much brighter. :D He was worried about me and Mamacita and insisted that I make sure to drive or at least follow Mamacita home, which I told him I was already doing. Then he asked me to text him when I got home so that he'd know I was home safe. Again, I did that. He's such a sweetheart and I love how he worries about me. He's entirely too good to me.
Saturday I went to get my nails prettified, manicure and pedicure - total pamperfest. Cali asked me to send him a photo once it was completed which I did. He asked me to have them painted red, so I went with a brighter, pinkish red but it has some sparkle to it. I like it and from his response to my text messages he does too. It's all good.
Ok I have so much rattling around in my mind but I have so much that I need to get done, I better go. I don't know if I'll have time to post again before I leave tomorrow but if I do have a chance I will post one last time. I'm taking my laptop with me (despite Cali teasing me mercilessly about it) and if I feel the desire I may type up a post while I'm in flight and then post it when I get home or get to the hotel. Cali has a hearing on Wed night and also a short conference call on Thursday am so I may have a chance to post it...otherwise it'll wait until I get home. I have a feeling I'll be a bit busy otherwise. :D


3 comments:
Ok Ok...I didn't even think to post the photos here. I do have them on my phone, I'll post them as soon as I can figure out how to do it. :) Thanks for stopping by.
Without getting into it...I can sooo understand your excitement. :)
Thanks for stopping by again, Chelle. It's interesting to know how many people really do understand. I think that when you find yourself in something like this you think you're the only one and alone. But it's really not that case, and it helps to know others are dealing with the struggles too. :)
Post a Comment