Monday, March 26, 2007

Back in the saddle again...

It looks like life is slowly getting back to normal. YAY!! I so badly need that right now. I got up this am and decided to hit the gym right away so that I wouldn't have to worry about it later. While in the midst of doing my cardio, my cell rang, it was Cali. What a pleasant surprise, yeah! Evidently he hadn't been feeling well all weekend and was heading to see his doc to find out if this was a result of the procedure last week or unrelated. We had a nice talk for a bit, it felt so good to hear his voice and despite still not being 100% he sounded SO much better than he did last week. He was so excited about what I bought his daughter for her birthday. I was kind of worried that he'd be upset or not want me to do it. But he was really appreciative and kept thanking me for remembering. :) He said he'd call after his dr. appt. and we said our goodbyes and I went back to my workout.

I ate poorly all weekend so I decided to do a full workout today instead of just lower body as I would have normally done. Not that it'll fix my stupid choices over the weekend, but I felt like I needed to at least try. Did my workout and then Bug and I went home.

I had to put together the package for Cali's daughter, so I got that taken care of and then ran to the PO to ship it. Bug was SO good at the PO and very patient so I told him I'd treat him to his favorite fast food place for lunch. He wanted to eat inside but I had another idea. So we grabbed our lunch and headed to the park where I normally walk every Sunday morning. Not only do they have a great walking trail around the lake but at the halfway point around the lake they have a little playground for the kids. So we walked halfway around the lake to the playground and then hung out on the swings and slides for about 45 minutes. The weather was so unbelievably fantastic today and we had such a great time hanging out together and playing. My kid rocks the free world...he's such an amazing little boy. :) We finished our walk the remaining distance around the lake and headed home.

I realized as we got home that Cali had said he'd call me when he left the doctor's and I hadn't heard from him (5 hours later). I texted him to ask what was up, not cuz I was angry but because I was worried that when he got their they might have found a problem or something. He texted me back saying that the dr. appt. went well and he was feeling good so he had gone into the office to get some work done. He said he'd call me as soon as he left the office. I was just glad to hear that he was ok and no complications or problems with his dr. appt. It was nice to know he felt good enough to go into the office today, the first day he'd been to work in almost 2 weeks!!

Once JD got home I went for a 2.5 mile walk. This way I could walk at my pace and not have to stop periodically as I had with Bug. The weather was so gorgeous (still is) and I really enjoyed the walk. I needed the extra movement today.

After my walk I came home and found out that what I had pulled out for dinner wasn't completely thawed, so we opted to order out dinner. JD went to pick up dinner while I got everything else ready. We had dinner and then did the Bug Bedtime Routine.

I texted Cali when I realized it was already after 7 his time. I was shocked to find out he was STILL at the office!! His first day back and he's back to his ridiculously late hours already. He texted me that he was still working and would call me when he left, soon. I got Bug into bed and then Cali called, at almost 8pm. He sounded really good, other than being tired from working late. It's nice to know that he's getting back into the swing of things and almost back to normal. He's not feeling 100% but he's considerably better than he was last week, which is a relief. We talked about his work and he asked about my day. I had sent him a photo of Bug at the park which he loved, so we talked about our afternoon at the playground and such. It was really neat to be talking about the old usual stuff, and not having our conversation completely about him being sick and worrying about what is wrong. I'm just thrilled that my Cali Guy is getting better!! Thank goodness!! I've really been worried. He's back to work completely beginning tomorrow which means late meetings for him. He's going to call me when he's on his way into the office in the am. I'm just looking forward to being back in the saddle again.

Tomorrow I'll head into the gym early and then after stopping at home to shower, I need to grocery shop. Hopefully the stores will be quiet since it's early in the week and during the day. I don't have the patience to deal with crowds at the grocery store tomorrow. Tomorrow night is weigh in...not really looking forward to it. I think I really blew it this week and I'm really frustrated with myself. Bad Drama. :( I just need to really focus over the next couple of weeks to make my goal by the middle of April.

Well I'm going to head to bed now, Night All.

No comments: