Chilling Out...
Literally! It's been really warm here the past two or three days, in fact it was warmer her yesterday than it was by Cali Guy. Today it's cooling down considerably. In fact, in the time from when I walked into the gym this morning and the time I came out an hour and a half later it chilled out a LOT. I'm actually relieved, it never fails that we go from freezing cold temps immediately into 80 degrees with no sign of actual spring temps in between. Makes me crazy every year. So hopefully we'll get to enjoy some mild but not overly warm temps before jumping head first into the oppressive heat of summer.
I went to the gym right after breakfast so that I would have the rest of the day free to get things taken care of at home. It took all I had to get through my workout. I don't know why but I was just wiped out. I did 35 minutes cardio and then moved onto the weights. I couldn't get through both sets of reps on each machine without taking an extended break in between. On some machines that's normal but for the most part I don't need to do that. I don't know what's wrong with me today but my energy level is zapped. I think it may be my allergies but I'm not 100% sure. I hope to get in a 3 mile walk before going to my weigh in this evening.
As I was finishing up my workout, Cali called. He was driving into the office for meetings. He sounded so much better than he has the past week or so, a tremendous difference!! He is still not 100% and said that he's feeling pretty wiped out but we're both sure it has to do with being back at work full time and having to get his body used to that again. I'm confident that by the end of the week he'll be back to his normal self. We talked briefly about when we can schedule some time to be together but there are so many variables, his health, the situation with the family surgery, my job, and the upcoming holidays. We need to find some time this week to sit down and hash out dates so that I can book my flight. I am afraid that he is/was feeling pressured to finalize a date when we talked. I was blathering on about how much I want to see him and what dates I thought might work and I could tell he was overwhelmed. He insisted that he can't wait to see me and I know that....he just has so much else on his plate. After we hung up I sent him a text message apologizing and letting him know that I had no intention of pressuring him about a date. That I want our time to be planned and right and when it works for us both....that right now his feeling better is of utmost importance...I'm just impatient and really looking forward to spending some time with him. I miss him like crazy and the longer we're apart the more it drives me crazy! In time, I know that...I just need to be patient.
Since I got home, we had lunch and then made sugar cookies. My logic was that I was making them for Bug...hahahaha Yeah ok delusional Drama. I won't tell ya how many yummy warm sugar cookies I've scarfed down thus far. Bleh, I really need to walk this afternoon. 3 miles, for sure.
I really need to go to the grocery store but I'm not having any luck putting together a shopping list or motivating myself to make the trip. Eh, who needs food, right? Eating is *highly* overrated. LOL Maybe I'll go after my weigh in this evening...I would prefer going sans Bug, as it's just so much easier to get in and out of the stores.
My son has a girlfriend. ::sigh:: There is only one little girl in his class and she's his girlfriend. It's definitely mutual, she is just as enamored with him as he is her. It's very cute to watch them together in class, the director and all the other teachers are always commenting about how cute they are together. They instinctively protect each other and look out for each other throughout the day. When they sit down for story time, she sits next to him with her head on his shoulder. He'll lean over and pat her head or hold her hand. Every afternoon when I go to pick him up, he has to hug and kiss (super sweet, big puckered, full on the lips kinda kiss) her goodbye. They're inseparable. For his upcoming birthday he told me that he didn't want a birthday party with the other kids in his class, just with J. So I got in touch with her mom and we're going to *chaperone* my son's birthday date with her daughter. AY yi yi!! This week is spring break and he's been positively despondent that he's not going to see her all week. At the park yesterday he kept saying, "Maybe we can call J and she can come to the park with me this week! I really miss her, momma!" So last night I allowed my almost 4 yr. old son to call his girlfriend!?!?!?! She wasn't home but we left a voice mail message for her. He broke down into tears when I told him that she wasn't home and worse yet, may be on vacation this week since all the schools are on Spring Break. Poor Bug! He was beside himself with joy when we got home from the gym this afternoon and found a message on our voice mail from J, saying, "Hi Bug. Call me!" We called back immediately but got the answering machine again. So we're in a round of telephone tag now. He keeps asking me why the phone isn't ringing and why J hasn't called him back. LOL Is this what I have to look forward to? I had hoped to avoid this for at least the next 10-12 years but it's not looking too good. Bleh. I do have to admit it's kind of cute though. They were attracted to each other completely on their own. We're not friends with her family, he didn't know her before starting school, and she was actually the quietest and most withdrawn child in the class when school first started. Not so much now!
I'm heading into the shower before going for a walk. More later maybe.
I went to the gym right after breakfast so that I would have the rest of the day free to get things taken care of at home. It took all I had to get through my workout. I don't know why but I was just wiped out. I did 35 minutes cardio and then moved onto the weights. I couldn't get through both sets of reps on each machine without taking an extended break in between. On some machines that's normal but for the most part I don't need to do that. I don't know what's wrong with me today but my energy level is zapped. I think it may be my allergies but I'm not 100% sure. I hope to get in a 3 mile walk before going to my weigh in this evening.
As I was finishing up my workout, Cali called. He was driving into the office for meetings. He sounded so much better than he has the past week or so, a tremendous difference!! He is still not 100% and said that he's feeling pretty wiped out but we're both sure it has to do with being back at work full time and having to get his body used to that again. I'm confident that by the end of the week he'll be back to his normal self. We talked briefly about when we can schedule some time to be together but there are so many variables, his health, the situation with the family surgery, my job, and the upcoming holidays. We need to find some time this week to sit down and hash out dates so that I can book my flight. I am afraid that he is/was feeling pressured to finalize a date when we talked. I was blathering on about how much I want to see him and what dates I thought might work and I could tell he was overwhelmed. He insisted that he can't wait to see me and I know that....he just has so much else on his plate. After we hung up I sent him a text message apologizing and letting him know that I had no intention of pressuring him about a date. That I want our time to be planned and right and when it works for us both....that right now his feeling better is of utmost importance...I'm just impatient and really looking forward to spending some time with him. I miss him like crazy and the longer we're apart the more it drives me crazy! In time, I know that...I just need to be patient.
Since I got home, we had lunch and then made sugar cookies. My logic was that I was making them for Bug...hahahaha Yeah ok delusional Drama. I won't tell ya how many yummy warm sugar cookies I've scarfed down thus far. Bleh, I really need to walk this afternoon. 3 miles, for sure.
I really need to go to the grocery store but I'm not having any luck putting together a shopping list or motivating myself to make the trip. Eh, who needs food, right? Eating is *highly* overrated. LOL Maybe I'll go after my weigh in this evening...I would prefer going sans Bug, as it's just so much easier to get in and out of the stores.
My son has a girlfriend. ::sigh:: There is only one little girl in his class and she's his girlfriend. It's definitely mutual, she is just as enamored with him as he is her. It's very cute to watch them together in class, the director and all the other teachers are always commenting about how cute they are together. They instinctively protect each other and look out for each other throughout the day. When they sit down for story time, she sits next to him with her head on his shoulder. He'll lean over and pat her head or hold her hand. Every afternoon when I go to pick him up, he has to hug and kiss (super sweet, big puckered, full on the lips kinda kiss) her goodbye. They're inseparable. For his upcoming birthday he told me that he didn't want a birthday party with the other kids in his class, just with J. So I got in touch with her mom and we're going to *chaperone* my son's birthday date with her daughter. AY yi yi!! This week is spring break and he's been positively despondent that he's not going to see her all week. At the park yesterday he kept saying, "Maybe we can call J and she can come to the park with me this week! I really miss her, momma!" So last night I allowed my almost 4 yr. old son to call his girlfriend!?!?!?! She wasn't home but we left a voice mail message for her. He broke down into tears when I told him that she wasn't home and worse yet, may be on vacation this week since all the schools are on Spring Break. Poor Bug! He was beside himself with joy when we got home from the gym this afternoon and found a message on our voice mail from J, saying, "Hi Bug. Call me!" We called back immediately but got the answering machine again. So we're in a round of telephone tag now. He keeps asking me why the phone isn't ringing and why J hasn't called him back. LOL Is this what I have to look forward to? I had hoped to avoid this for at least the next 10-12 years but it's not looking too good. Bleh. I do have to admit it's kind of cute though. They were attracted to each other completely on their own. We're not friends with her family, he didn't know her before starting school, and she was actually the quietest and most withdrawn child in the class when school first started. Not so much now!
I'm heading into the shower before going for a walk. More later maybe.


No comments:
Post a Comment