Craptastic ....
That pretty much describes my evening to a *T*. As I was getting ready to head out for a walk, the weather gods decided to laugh at me. It all of the sudden got really cold and looked like the heavens were going to open up and drench me at any moment. So I opted to go back to the gym to do more cardio before my weigh in. Not that it made any difference in the numbers of the scale, but I had to try. In any case, I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and a partial abs workout before I went to my meeting. The scale was *not* very good to me...I fully expected it but I don't think I was expecting it to be as harsh as it was. That's ok, it was a major wake up call for me and I just need to get my shit back together and make next week better. I will get to my goal...come hell or high water!!!
After my meeting I came home to make dinner and then get a grocery list ready to hit the store. So at 9pm I'm heading out to get groceries while JD gets Bug ready for bed. About 15 minutes into my grocery trip, my phone rings, it's JD. He asks if I had informed Bug that I wouldn't be home to get him ready for bed. Uhh no, he knew I was going to be shopping but I didn't specifically discuss logistics about bedtime. JD announces that it's going to pose a problem because Bug is not taking the fact that I won't be home for his bedtime very well. JD tells me that I need to *take care of this situation* before it gets out of hand. Huh?? Fine, put Bug on the phone. Bug gets on the phone and we have the following conversation:
Bug: Hi Momma, is Daddy going to put me to bed tonight?
Me: Hey Bug, yes I'm still at the store getting groceries. So Daddy is going to take care of you tonight, I'll come into your room as soon as I get home. If you're asleep I promise to give you a kiss and I'll see you in the morning, ok?
Bug: Ok Momma Night, I love you.
Me: I love you too, Bug
WTF was the big drama? Then to top it off....I get home about 45 minutes later...to find that Bug IS STILL awake!!!!!!!!! Double WTF??? So he called me at the store about Bug going to bed without me and he wasn't even putting him to bed yet. Calgon take me the hell away!
Cali called while I was at the store so we had a chance to chat for a bit uninterrupted. That was definitely a welcome change. It felt really good to be back to *almost normal*. He was really tired after working a full day but I know he's happy to get back to normal with the job situation. It was definitely a casual conversation, a little bit about our schedules for the rest of the week and trying to coordinate time to see each other, and how we're going to work things once I'm working full time so that we can still keep in touch...otherwise nothing terribly eventful. Lots of I miss you's and I can't wait to see yous....on both sides. I could sit and listen to him talk for hours and hours....I just love his voice. In fact, this morning as we were talking on the phone his voice had this "I just woke up and have the rough morning voice" tone to it and omg it was driving me crazy. I told him that he sounded so sexy and he laughed at me. He's not feeling terribly sexy of late due to the health situation but I still find him incredibly sexy. Go figure! We talked for a bit more while he drove home and then said our goodbyes so that he could finally get some dinner. As per usual Cali, since I was out at the store, he ended our conversation with, "Be careful and get home safe, Sweetie." ::swoon:: I know I'm a dork but I love it when he says that to me. Makes me feel all warm and mushy inside. LOL
So I got home and came in to finish getting Bug settled into bed and then rushed around to get the groceries put away before the frozen and refrigerated stuff was sitting out too long. So frustrating. The call from Cali seemed to help calm some of the frustration but unfortunately not completely.
Ok, time for bed. I think starting tomorrow night I'm going to need to start going to bed early to get ready for the job next week. I'm not looking forward to crawling out of bed at the buttcrack of dawn to get to work. LOL
Night all!
After my meeting I came home to make dinner and then get a grocery list ready to hit the store. So at 9pm I'm heading out to get groceries while JD gets Bug ready for bed. About 15 minutes into my grocery trip, my phone rings, it's JD. He asks if I had informed Bug that I wouldn't be home to get him ready for bed. Uhh no, he knew I was going to be shopping but I didn't specifically discuss logistics about bedtime. JD announces that it's going to pose a problem because Bug is not taking the fact that I won't be home for his bedtime very well. JD tells me that I need to *take care of this situation* before it gets out of hand. Huh?? Fine, put Bug on the phone. Bug gets on the phone and we have the following conversation:
Bug: Hi Momma, is Daddy going to put me to bed tonight?
Me: Hey Bug, yes I'm still at the store getting groceries. So Daddy is going to take care of you tonight, I'll come into your room as soon as I get home. If you're asleep I promise to give you a kiss and I'll see you in the morning, ok?
Bug: Ok Momma Night, I love you.
Me: I love you too, Bug
WTF was the big drama? Then to top it off....I get home about 45 minutes later...to find that Bug IS STILL awake!!!!!!!!! Double WTF??? So he called me at the store about Bug going to bed without me and he wasn't even putting him to bed yet. Calgon take me the hell away!
Cali called while I was at the store so we had a chance to chat for a bit uninterrupted. That was definitely a welcome change. It felt really good to be back to *almost normal*. He was really tired after working a full day but I know he's happy to get back to normal with the job situation. It was definitely a casual conversation, a little bit about our schedules for the rest of the week and trying to coordinate time to see each other, and how we're going to work things once I'm working full time so that we can still keep in touch...otherwise nothing terribly eventful. Lots of I miss you's and I can't wait to see yous....on both sides. I could sit and listen to him talk for hours and hours....I just love his voice. In fact, this morning as we were talking on the phone his voice had this "I just woke up and have the rough morning voice" tone to it and omg it was driving me crazy. I told him that he sounded so sexy and he laughed at me. He's not feeling terribly sexy of late due to the health situation but I still find him incredibly sexy. Go figure! We talked for a bit more while he drove home and then said our goodbyes so that he could finally get some dinner. As per usual Cali, since I was out at the store, he ended our conversation with, "Be careful and get home safe, Sweetie." ::swoon:: I know I'm a dork but I love it when he says that to me. Makes me feel all warm and mushy inside. LOL
So I got home and came in to finish getting Bug settled into bed and then rushed around to get the groceries put away before the frozen and refrigerated stuff was sitting out too long. So frustrating. The call from Cali seemed to help calm some of the frustration but unfortunately not completely.
Ok, time for bed. I think starting tomorrow night I'm going to need to start going to bed early to get ready for the job next week. I'm not looking forward to crawling out of bed at the buttcrack of dawn to get to work. LOL
Night all!


No comments:
Post a Comment