Headaches and headcases...
I should be at the gym working out right now but I have a nagging headache that will not go away so I decided to skip it for tonight. I really need to get back to working out regularly so hopefully I can do that tomorrow.
I finally talked to Cali for a few minutes this afternoon. My baby is in so darn much pain and it's breaking my heart. I told him I'd call to cancel the hotel and take care of all the other details so that he can concentrate on getting better. As we were talking I could hear the pain in his voice and I just broke down and started to cry. He was apologizing for disappointing me which I had to reassure him that my tears had NOTHING to do with disappointment and everything to do with worrying about him. I couldn't believe he was feeling badly that he'd *let me down* by getting sick. OMG!!! I told him how silly that comment actually was, he had no control over getting sick and he hadn't let me down in any way. Poor guy. His doc now wants him to see a specialist who wants MORE x rays before he'll even see him or schedule the procedure. So he was driving over to get more xrays done today. He said he'd try to call me but I really didn't expect another call. It's really taking all he's got to even get in and out of the car, much less function on a normal level. I just wish I could do something to help him. It's so frustrating.
Tonight JD and I had a counseling session. Pretty uneventful other than my frustration level going up a few notches. The counselor said that she thinks we both need to decide whether we're willing to invest the amount of time and energy needed to rebuild this relationship. I think she can tell that I've been through this time and time again with JD and it's never changed. We'll see what happens at our next appt. Not feeling terribly hopeful.
Well I'm going to go watch a little TV and enjoy the peace and quiet.
More tomorrow.
I finally talked to Cali for a few minutes this afternoon. My baby is in so darn much pain and it's breaking my heart. I told him I'd call to cancel the hotel and take care of all the other details so that he can concentrate on getting better. As we were talking I could hear the pain in his voice and I just broke down and started to cry. He was apologizing for disappointing me which I had to reassure him that my tears had NOTHING to do with disappointment and everything to do with worrying about him. I couldn't believe he was feeling badly that he'd *let me down* by getting sick. OMG!!! I told him how silly that comment actually was, he had no control over getting sick and he hadn't let me down in any way. Poor guy. His doc now wants him to see a specialist who wants MORE x rays before he'll even see him or schedule the procedure. So he was driving over to get more xrays done today. He said he'd try to call me but I really didn't expect another call. It's really taking all he's got to even get in and out of the car, much less function on a normal level. I just wish I could do something to help him. It's so frustrating.
Tonight JD and I had a counseling session. Pretty uneventful other than my frustration level going up a few notches. The counselor said that she thinks we both need to decide whether we're willing to invest the amount of time and energy needed to rebuild this relationship. I think she can tell that I've been through this time and time again with JD and it's never changed. We'll see what happens at our next appt. Not feeling terribly hopeful.
Well I'm going to go watch a little TV and enjoy the peace and quiet.
More tomorrow.


2 comments:
I am sorry to hear about that. I hope he gets better soon. It sucks to be so far away from someone you care about when they are hurting and to not be able to do anything about it.
Thanks, FL. I know that Cali's condition isn't life threatening necessarily but I just wish I could help him in some way. Frustrating. Thanks again for stopping by.
Drama
Post a Comment