Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sick and tired....

of being sick and tired! Bleh. Tuesday afternoon I started to feel pretty lousy - achy, sore throat, congested, all the fun stuff. By Wednesday morning I had a fever of 102 and felt like someone had beat me. Call my doc and she was insistent that I come in right away. I don't have the flu but I am the lucky recipient of a nasty upper respiratory infection and an ear infection. Oh goodie! So I'm on mega doses of antibiotics while I hope that I get better before next week.

On top of my being sick, Cali has been in pain for the past 2 days and he finally went to the doctor today. He's going to have x-rays done and then bloodwork tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have some answers to what is causing his pain. I'm worried about him and it makes it that much more difficult that I'm so far away. Let's just hope that we BOTH can get this all figured out and taken care of before next week. I think we both really need to see each other.

More later.


UPDATE: Cali's doc thinks he may have kidney stones. I was checking some things out online and his symptoms are dead on for kidney stones. Ugh. I hope it's not serious and they're able to pass without any intervention. He's in so much pain right now, I wish I was there to take care of him. We'll know more once the x-rays and blood work come back, in the meantime he has pain meds to help. Poor guy.

I'm feeling a little better. Not as achy and the headache has all but disappeared but I'm still congested and can feel the pressure in my ear. Damn ear infections, I always thought adults outgrew ear infections? Evidently my body doesn't realize I'm over 40!! Grrr

No comments: