Monday, March 05, 2007

Sweaty and Content

Yep that's me, sweaty and content. Just got back from the gym a little while ago. Today is JD's last day off for a while. I can't wait to get back to my normal routine and level of freedom. My eyes opened this morning to find JD standing over me asking when I was going to get up and sharing various and sundry useless bits of information. All things that I didn't need to be woken up for, but that's pretty much how he operates. He left to go help out his dad for the afternoon and I got up and had breakfast. Decided I'd toss on some workout clothes and head into the gym right away.

As I was getting ready to leave Cali called. Nice surprise for a Monday morning. We only talked for a few minutes as he was driving into the office. He apologized for the shortness of his call but said he wanted to call to let me know that he was thinking about me and missed me. Yeah that made my morning. ::happy sigh:: We talked a bit about our Sundays and then said our goodbyes. He said he'd call me later either at lunch or when he's heading home.

I got to the gym and had a little over an hour to workout. Bug stays in the Kid's Room while I workout and they are only open limited hours during the day. So I got in 25 minutes of cardio and then my full weight training (30 mins.) as well as some abs exercises and stretching. I felt pretty good. I have another PT session on Thursday so I'm hoping he'll be able to offer me additional exercises and routines to change things up a bit. I love that this new gym has so many options and a nice variety of equipment to work with. Really helps to keep the routine from getting boring and helps me to continue to push myself a bit further each time I work out. I really need that.

After the gym I ran to the post office to ship the package I had for Cali. It's something really silly but something I know he loves and can't seem to get out there. So I bought a bunch and shipped it to him. I hope he enjoys it. I love sending him little surprises periodically, just to make him smile.

I'm going to hop into the shower and then work on getting some food. Had a fairly late breakfast so I wasn't terribly hungry up until now. I need to get to the store today but I think I'll wait until JD gets home so that I don't have to drag Bug along with me. I need to stop at the produce market as well as two grocery stores and schlepping him in and out of the carseat at each place gets to be a hassle. Also, he is usually really good and patient but after a while there is only so much a 3 yr. old can take before they crack. I know I start to lose my patience and I'm much older than 3! LOL

Alrighty, time to go wash off the sweaty stink. More later, maybe...

No comments: