24....
As in 24 hours!!. At this time tomorrow I will be seated on an airplane heading to almost sunny California to see my wonderful Cali Guy. I simply cannot believe it's finally here. But of course, in true Drama fashion, I am SICK. Sore throat, headache, congestion sick. I'm pumping myself full of drugs, sleeping as much as possible, and just doing everything in my power to get better or at least as healthy as possible before I leave. When I talked to Cali yesterday he could tell I wasn't feeling well, despite my best attempts to mask it - I didn't want him to worry. He asked if I wanted to postpone, he's concerned about me struggling through the flight, etc. I told him that was simply NOT an option...lol. I am not canceling or postponing this trip. Honestly I think seeing him is exactly what I need and will help any and all yucks subside. I'm just focusing on getting stronger and getting myself packed. Any good thoughts, prayers, chants, or other various good karma is greatly appreciated. Thankfully I did pack a good portion of my clothes this weekend and have only some miscellaneous items to get together today. I'm much more prepared this trip for some reason. Bug is also sick so I am home today to care for him, which is a mixed blessing. We're hanging out in our PJs for most of the day. I'm not going to the gym and I'm literally going nowhere today, which I think will help.
Yesterday I managed to talk to Cali three times which is not necessarily a lot for us but all three conversations were extended calls, for more than 5-10 minutes. I've come to the realization that we're lucky enough to talk more than the *average* couple in a long distance relationship. We talk every day M-F, at least twice a day and exchange text messages over the weekend with an occasional conversation on the weekend as well. Yesterday he called me as he was heading into the office in the morning and then he took a break from meetings and called me while he took a walk. The final call came on his way home from the office late at night. I was in and out of sleep at that time, literally napping on the couch waiting for his call so that I could go to bed. I knew it would come soon so it wasn't a big deal. It's always a treat to have his voice be the last thing I hear before I go to sleep for the night. ::swoon::
Despite being sick, all I can think about today is being in his arms, kissing him, holding his hand, touching his face, running my fingers through his hair....I tell ya these 24 hours can't pass soon enough! I know that they will fly by since I have a lot to do but it still feels like time is standing still. My stomach and my heart do a little flip each time I think of seeing him for the first time again, holding him, feeling his arms around my waist again. Whew...I think I need a cool shower, hehe. I'm going to go and try to get the rest of my packing done. If I have time later I may post again, otherwise it'll probably be a bit before you hear from me again.
Yesterday I managed to talk to Cali three times which is not necessarily a lot for us but all three conversations were extended calls, for more than 5-10 minutes. I've come to the realization that we're lucky enough to talk more than the *average* couple in a long distance relationship. We talk every day M-F, at least twice a day and exchange text messages over the weekend with an occasional conversation on the weekend as well. Yesterday he called me as he was heading into the office in the morning and then he took a break from meetings and called me while he took a walk. The final call came on his way home from the office late at night. I was in and out of sleep at that time, literally napping on the couch waiting for his call so that I could go to bed. I knew it would come soon so it wasn't a big deal. It's always a treat to have his voice be the last thing I hear before I go to sleep for the night. ::swoon::
Despite being sick, all I can think about today is being in his arms, kissing him, holding his hand, touching his face, running my fingers through his hair....I tell ya these 24 hours can't pass soon enough! I know that they will fly by since I have a lot to do but it still feels like time is standing still. My stomach and my heart do a little flip each time I think of seeing him for the first time again, holding him, feeling his arms around my waist again. Whew...I think I need a cool shower, hehe. I'm going to go and try to get the rest of my packing done. If I have time later I may post again, otherwise it'll probably be a bit before you hear from me again.


4 comments:
Drama,
Ahh, reading this reminded me of how I felt when I was planning a reunion with my LDR man. Sweet anticipation!
I do hope your get to feeling better, but even if you arrive not feeling your best, I bet that feeling won't last long at all ;)
Hugs
This made me smile big time. Nothing beats that excitement, that anticipation and the wow factor of wrapping yourself around him the very moment you see him.
Oh yes, I understand it!!!!!
I hope you have a wonderful time with Cali, and that you feel better soon.
Have fun!
Have the T - Thanks for stopping by. I am feeling better, in fact by the time I touched down in California I was doing great.
Fiona - I know you would know how it feels. It's such an amazing feeling.
Trueself - Thank you so much. So far everything is going wonderfully.
I'll be posting in a bit...
Drama
Post a Comment