Sunday, April 15, 2007

Two Days....Yeah!!

I simply cannot believe that in two short days I will be with my Cali Guy. It's a bit surreal since it's been a bit rocky getting to this point to see each other again. I can't wait to see him again and be with him.

Yesterday I went to see my chiropractor in the morning, then to the gym. Wasn't able to get in a full workout but I was able to get in a good cardio workout, so that was good. I really blew it on the workout routine last week skipping 3 days in a row. BAD BAD DRAMA!! But I'll get back in the swing of things this week...well at least for Monday and Tuesday. After the gym I went to get a pedicure and to get my nails polished. A bright sexy red...I really like it. I love my nail tech, she's so much fun. I've known her since before I got pregnant with Bug. I came home after my nail appt. and made a shopping list for the items I needed to get for Bug's birthday party. Went to the grocery store and then home to get the house together and start cooking. Cali texted me in the evening a couple of times, which was nice. We exchanged a handful of texts which was nice.

This morning I had every intention of making it to the gym but after getting the sauce started for the pasta and getting some other things ready it was too late. Ran out to get Bug's balloons and some ice for the cooler and then home to get everything settled. Everyone arrived, mostly on time and I spent much of that time running around trying to get all the food prepared and on the table. We had soo much food!!! Everyone seemed to enjoy it all though. We had birthday cake and then Bug opened his gifts. He was so cute, stopping to thank each person with a hug and kiss before moving on to the next gift. My sweet thoughtful little boy. :) Slowly everyone started to get ready to leave. Most everyone had left when my phone rang. It was Cali. YAY! Since things were winding down I had a second to talk. He had gone out to get dinner so he really only had a couple minutes to talk anyway. But it was definitely a pleasant surprise to hear from him. We chatted briefly, exchanged "I miss you's" and then said our goodbyes. He said he'd call me on his way into the office tomorrow. It probably sounds silly to some but when he ends our conversation by saying, "I'll talk to you in the morning" it makes me happy. I can't explain why, I guess the thought of being able to talk to him first thing in the morning has to do with it. Yes I know I'm odd. hehe

It's now really late and I need to be up early for work. But I only have 1.5 days to work and then I'm off the rest of the week for Bug's birthday lunch and then to see my adorable blue-eyed Cali Guy! Yahoo.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Not odd at all :) There are few things more wonderful that going to sleep, knowing you'll hear the voice of the person you love with that intensity, when you wake.

I hope you have an amazing trip this week!!!!

Drama said...

Thank you, Fiona! You explained so much more eloquently than I possibly could have! That's exactly how I feel. Thanks for the trip wishes as well. I'm just about packed.

Drama