Manic Monday...well almost
Back to the grind tomorrow but thankfully that also means more contact with Cali and one day closer to seeing him. Woohoo! I'm actually glad this weekend is over. It was so incredibly stressful and while I did manage to get some things accomplished I feel so overwhelmed. I didn't manage to work out or walk today and we didn't make it to church. Bleh.
JD and I have been arguing about everything under the sun. He tried to create a freakin' scene last night when we were selecting Bug's photos. The poor girl helping us looked like she wanted to crawl under the desk when he started his crap. I actually apologized to her for his behavior because I felt bad that she had to witness it at all. He can't manage to discuss something in a private manner, he has no concept of the fact that others around us can hear him when he yells and they don't want to be part of the discussion much less hear his crap. Then he says that if I would listen to him then he wouldn't *have to* yell. In other words, if I was a clueless dimwit and just agreed with everything he said and did he wouldn't *have to yell*. Yeah whatever. Jerkbag. I'm so frustrated with him.
As I said, we never managed to get to church today which was a source of frustration for me. So we all got dressed and made the trip down to see my mom. We stopped at her place to check things out and pick up some things she asked for. Then we stopped to grab lunch before going to the hospital. She's looking really tired and now she's also having trouble with her arm. They sent her for more xrays today and she has an MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning. Hopefully we'll have some answers within the next day or so. She was so happy to see Bug and I know he was thrilled to see her. He drew her two pictures and asked if we could pick up flowers for Grandma on the way over, which we did. We didn't stay long, she was falling asleep every couple of minutes. We'd be talking about something and there would be a lull in the conversation. Glance away and look back and she was sound asleep. So we ended up leaving and letting her rest for the remainder of the evening. I just hope they figure out what's wrong.
After our visit we came home and had dinner. Then the mad dash to get laundry done and things ready for the work week began. Finally had a few minutes to relax and here I am!
I have so much to do this week. I need to get groceries, I need to get things ready for Bug's birthday celebration at his preschool this week. That includes me making a giant chocolate chip cookie, fully decorated as well as chocolate lollipops. I also need to start cleaning and organizing for his birthday party next Sunday. Then get all the items for the meal on Sunday and start COOKING!! Once his birthday party is over, I will be switching gears and starting to get things settled around here and getting myself packed since I leave two days later! YES!! So the next 9 days are going to be pretty hectic around here, but it'll be fun and I'm sure the time will go by pretty quickly.
Bug is beyond excited about his birthday party. I think this year he finally truly gets what it means. He had so much fun this morning with his Easter basket and hunting for Easter eggs. He snuck out to the living room before I was up and saw his basket, came running into my room jumping on me to wake up. He kept saying, "The Easter Bunny left me ALL KINDS OF cool stuff! Get up Momma, please!?!?!" HEHE Too much fun.
This morning I texted Cali to wish him a Happy Easter. I actually expected that he wouldn't even see the message until tomorrow since I knew he was having a houseful of company and would probably never be alone today to check messages. I just wanted him to know that I had been thinking about him this morning. I didn't expect any contact which was fine with me since we did talk yesterday...I got my little Cali fix for the weekend. Well this evening after dinner, I was getting things ready for work tomorrow and figuring that I wouldn't hear from him at all I turned my cell phone off. Later I needed to check something on my phone so I turned it back on. I had a text message from Cali wishing me a belated Happy Easter and letting me know that he missed me. :::big goofy grin::: Totally made my night...I'm a happy happy Drama, that's for sure.
Well my laundry is done now and I need to get some decent sleep tonight instead of staying up til 2am and then trying to get up for work at 6am. Have a wonderful Monday, all. Going to be a hectic week but I'll try to post updates as often as possible for those that actually care. LOL
JD and I have been arguing about everything under the sun. He tried to create a freakin' scene last night when we were selecting Bug's photos. The poor girl helping us looked like she wanted to crawl under the desk when he started his crap. I actually apologized to her for his behavior because I felt bad that she had to witness it at all. He can't manage to discuss something in a private manner, he has no concept of the fact that others around us can hear him when he yells and they don't want to be part of the discussion much less hear his crap. Then he says that if I would listen to him then he wouldn't *have to* yell. In other words, if I was a clueless dimwit and just agreed with everything he said and did he wouldn't *have to yell*. Yeah whatever. Jerkbag. I'm so frustrated with him.
As I said, we never managed to get to church today which was a source of frustration for me. So we all got dressed and made the trip down to see my mom. We stopped at her place to check things out and pick up some things she asked for. Then we stopped to grab lunch before going to the hospital. She's looking really tired and now she's also having trouble with her arm. They sent her for more xrays today and she has an MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning. Hopefully we'll have some answers within the next day or so. She was so happy to see Bug and I know he was thrilled to see her. He drew her two pictures and asked if we could pick up flowers for Grandma on the way over, which we did. We didn't stay long, she was falling asleep every couple of minutes. We'd be talking about something and there would be a lull in the conversation. Glance away and look back and she was sound asleep. So we ended up leaving and letting her rest for the remainder of the evening. I just hope they figure out what's wrong.
After our visit we came home and had dinner. Then the mad dash to get laundry done and things ready for the work week began. Finally had a few minutes to relax and here I am!
I have so much to do this week. I need to get groceries, I need to get things ready for Bug's birthday celebration at his preschool this week. That includes me making a giant chocolate chip cookie, fully decorated as well as chocolate lollipops. I also need to start cleaning and organizing for his birthday party next Sunday. Then get all the items for the meal on Sunday and start COOKING!! Once his birthday party is over, I will be switching gears and starting to get things settled around here and getting myself packed since I leave two days later! YES!! So the next 9 days are going to be pretty hectic around here, but it'll be fun and I'm sure the time will go by pretty quickly.
Bug is beyond excited about his birthday party. I think this year he finally truly gets what it means. He had so much fun this morning with his Easter basket and hunting for Easter eggs. He snuck out to the living room before I was up and saw his basket, came running into my room jumping on me to wake up. He kept saying, "The Easter Bunny left me ALL KINDS OF cool stuff! Get up Momma, please!?!?!" HEHE Too much fun.
This morning I texted Cali to wish him a Happy Easter. I actually expected that he wouldn't even see the message until tomorrow since I knew he was having a houseful of company and would probably never be alone today to check messages. I just wanted him to know that I had been thinking about him this morning. I didn't expect any contact which was fine with me since we did talk yesterday...I got my little Cali fix for the weekend. Well this evening after dinner, I was getting things ready for work tomorrow and figuring that I wouldn't hear from him at all I turned my cell phone off. Later I needed to check something on my phone so I turned it back on. I had a text message from Cali wishing me a belated Happy Easter and letting me know that he missed me. :::big goofy grin::: Totally made my night...I'm a happy happy Drama, that's for sure.
Well my laundry is done now and I need to get some decent sleep tonight instead of staying up til 2am and then trying to get up for work at 6am. Have a wonderful Monday, all. Going to be a hectic week but I'll try to post updates as often as possible for those that actually care. LOL


No comments:
Post a Comment