Wednesday, April 11, 2007

SIX DAYS!!!

Yes, that's right, in 6 days I will be in the arms of my beloved Cali Guy. Wheee!! I can't believe that it's less than a week away. Time is really flying by between work and all the things going on at home, which is a huge help.

So much going on lately but little time to blog about it. Mom came home on Monday. They found NOTHING wrong with her. This is totally par for the course lately. They admit her for some problems and get us all worked up that she has something major wrong to run a gazillion tests and find out that there's nothing wrong...or at least nothing they can find. I don't know if it's just her getting older or what. In either case it's making me crazy. Hopefully she'll be feeling better soon.

The job is going well. Everyone seems to be pretty nice. I realized something this week...I don't have the patience to deal with women in the work place. LOL Despite being busy trying to get used to the job and my responsibilities I have already determined who the self appointed department babysitter is. You know the person that has decided that part of their job description is to keep track of the whereabouts and hours worked for each and every single member of their department. Makes me absolutely crazy. I also learned that I tend to get along better with guys, I think mostly because I don't sense as much of the bullshitting going on as with the women. Ah such insight. LOL In any case, the majority of my interaction is with the production department which is just fine with me. They're all really friendly and helpful when I ask stupid questions.

Some good news on the Bug-front, his little girlfriend's mom has agreed to watch him while I work. That is fabulous for us all!! He's still struggling with the transition and not enjoying the daycare very much, so this change is definitely welcomed. We're not 110% that he'll be making the move, we're going to test the waters with a couple days here and there to make sure he's ok with it and that it works for all involved. So tomorrow, instead of going to daycare he's going to her house for the day to see how he does. If things work well I'll give the daycare notice next week or so and then make the move permanently. His friend's mom will be taking him to and from preschool as well since they're in the same classroom so I won't have to split my days to shuttle him back and forth. What a tremendous relief!!

Things are going swimmingly well with Cali. We've managed to talk on the phone every day even with my job. We've been doing a lot of talking about next week and what we plan to do while we're together. We've also talked a lot about our feelings and where our relationship is going. Again he made a comment about not being in his marriage for much longer. I hadn't asked anything about it or brought it up, he did. I was actually a bit surprised to hear him say it but I wasn't disappointed, that's for sure!! It's funny, up until a couple of weeks ago whenever I didn't hear from him during the day or if we missed each other I would begin to worry or feel a bit of insecurity over our relationship. It wasn't necessarily logical, much less warranted but the feelings were definitely real. In some instances it was almost a panic attack of sorts, feeling like I had to get in touch with him somehow or someway and I couldn't concentrate until it was done. It came to light today as I missed one of his calls while he was out on the road. I didn't get the message until 45 minutes later and when I returned the call, he wasn't available. For a split second I felt that moment of panic worried that I wouldn't hear from him the rest of the day. But as quickly as the feeling came over me, it left me. I knew that I'd hear from him one way or another, whether it was this evening or tomorrow morning....I knew we'd talk again and that was fine by me. Weeks ago I don't think I was as confident in our relationship or in his reliability. But now with our level of communication and the discussions we've had recently I think we've gotten a better understanding of what we need from each other. He knows how important that level of contact is for me and I've learned how stressful and hectic his work schedule is for him. Again, we're bending and flexing to accommodate each other and it's really cool. I'm so happy with him, he's such an easygoing guy and has been incredibly supportive of me. Throughout the difficulties with getting Bug to adjust to daycare he's been there to support me and hold me up when I was so upset and second guessing my parenting decisions. He's been amazing as always.

I am beyond excited about seeing him next week! I can't wait to hold him, touch his hair, kiss his lips, hold his hand, and just drink in every bit of him. Today I was thinking about our time together in February and something made me a little sad. I realized that while I can recall certain generalities of our time together, many of the little details are gone. I remember certain things about cuddling together in bed but other details are now missing. I remember certain conversations, in general, but not the details or the nuances. Things that, while happening I had tried to make the effort to remember all aspects. I wanted to remember every detail, every second, every touch, every look....but larger portions of that time are fading and not as clear. Just proves that it's been entirely too long since we've seen each other!

I haven't been to the gym since Monday. NOT good for me at all. Other than when I've been sick, I've NEVER been away from the gym this long. It's just been a long and stressful week, putting in 10 hour days every day. I WILL get back to the gym tomorrow night!! I have to.

Well it' s bedtime for Drama. Night all.

No comments: