Thursday, April 05, 2007

My Cali Guy Rocks My World... :)

What more is there to say? The title says it all! Things have been so uber fantastic with Cali lately. I was worried about our being able to keep in touch with the new job but it's been perfect. We've had some amazing conversations this week, lots of laughter...as in hysterical, crying and laughing, mutual laughter and enjoyment. Goodness I LOVE that. He is so much fun on so many levels...I just love talking to him.

One thing struck me yesterday and really made me think. I've spent a lot of time agonizing and worrying that maybe Cali doesn't really care about me or feeling like I'm not a priority in his life....but yesterday while we were talking I came to a realization. Every day he calls me on his way home from work. It's about a 10-15 minute drive, though our conversations at that time are always at least 15-20 minutes, and usually closer to 40-45 minutes. Every day when we're talking and he's already close to home, instead of telling me he has to go, he will either drive around or find a park or parking lot to sit in until we're done talking. He literally hangs out somewhere so that we can continue our conversation. That just hit me that it'd be really easy for him to just say, 'Hey I'm home, gotta go.' but he doesn't do that. He makes the effort to stay connected because he wants to. It touched my heart, it may sound silly to some but it really made me realize that he does put in an effort...as much as he possibly can given both of our current situations. Another reason I'm crazy about him.

Work is going well, I really like the people I work with and slowly but surely I'm starting to understand what the hell I'm doing. Bug on the other hand isn't doing so well. He's really struggling with the daycare transition. I've actually got a potential lead on someone to watch him instead of putting him into daycare. The mom of his little girlfriend offered to take care of him. She still wants to discuss it with her husband and we'd have some minor logistics to take care of, nothing major, but I think it could be a really good fit. I'd appreciate any and all fingers crossed, prayers said, etc. that this works out. I really need to find someplace that we're ALL happy with...the current daycare situation is NOT working.

Ok I'm off to bed now. Nite all.

No comments: