Happy Friday
Yeah believe it or not...I am actually saying that it's was a Happy Friday. HA!! Despite the fact that it's Friday which signals the weekend (a long holiday weekend, no less) which means little to no contact with my Cali Guy....it's was a good day. I had a follow up appt. with my surgeon today and as I got into the car to leave I realized that I hadn't turned on my cell phone yet. It was still fairly early but I always make sure it's on when I leave the house. As I turned it on I got the notification that I had a voice mail. Imagine my surprise when I found that I had already gotten a phone call from my wonderful Cali Guy. YAY He was heading to a meeting with a new client so we chatted while we both drove to our destinations, which ended up being about 35 minutes uninterrupted. That's the first extended conversation we've had in I think MONTHS....and it was great. We laughed, we reminisced about our time together in April, we talked about this new project he's working on, my follow up appt., among other things. It was fabulous!!!! It was great to reconnect and just have some time to be together in the only way we can at this point. I've missed him so much!
My appt. went without a hitch, everything is healing and recovering as expected. I will return to work in another week. After my follow up appt. I spent much of the rest of the afternoon sorting through all of Bug's outgrown clothes, separating out the items I'm going to sell from the items that I'll donate. Lots of work. Since I'm free to drive now, I headed off to pick up Bug from the sitter's house and then came home with him.
JD had a work function tonight so it was just me and Bug. We went out on a *date* together to a nearby restaurant. As we sat next to each other waiting for our meal, I reached over and held his hand. He smiled up at me and said, 'Momma, I love going out on dates with you!'. ::sounds of my heart melting:: I love going out on dates with my little man too!! When the hostess asked us if we'd like to dine inside or out on the patio, Bug requested that we sit outside. It was a nice evening out, albeit a tiny bit chilly...but we had a great time together. He's growing up to be such an amazing young man. I'm a lucky momma.
Cali called again as he was on his way home from the meeting with his new client. We managed to get another extended conversation in. We talked about his upcoming trip here....and what I can't wait to do to him and vice versa. *evil grins* It felt so good to just hear his voice and laugh with him and flirt with him. If only I could touch him and hold him...I'd be much more content. However, in the meantime I'll take what we can manage. His work schedule has been really crazy along with both of us being ill at alternating times so our contact has been limited and spotty of late. There was a time where we talked for hours each day. We'd talk about our lives, dreams, tell each other jokes, whatever came to mind. Recently it's been limited to a brief catch up of our respective days and then an update on the rest of the week and any pertinent information that needed to be exchanged. Today was such a departure from the recent events and it really made my day. Just what I needed.
With it being a holiday weekend it makes it more difficult for us to manage much, if any, contact but it's ok. I have no expectations but hopefully we'll manage to sneak a little time to touch base...even if it's a text message at some point.
If I can manage to avoid a major conflict with JD over the next three days and figure out a chance to talk to Cali...it'll be a good weekend. Tomorrow is my manicure/pedicure appt. which I am SO looking forward to. Just to relax and get pampered a bit...I really need it after the stress of the surgery and other events going on. We have some things planned for the weekend, so it'll be a busy couple of days and then Tuesday it's (almost) back to normal. I have another week before I return to work so I hope to get some things taken care of around the house before I go back...along with resting and recuperating.
So that's my little update...now that it's actually SATURDAY...I probably should get to bed.
Night all.
My appt. went without a hitch, everything is healing and recovering as expected. I will return to work in another week. After my follow up appt. I spent much of the rest of the afternoon sorting through all of Bug's outgrown clothes, separating out the items I'm going to sell from the items that I'll donate. Lots of work. Since I'm free to drive now, I headed off to pick up Bug from the sitter's house and then came home with him.
JD had a work function tonight so it was just me and Bug. We went out on a *date* together to a nearby restaurant. As we sat next to each other waiting for our meal, I reached over and held his hand. He smiled up at me and said, 'Momma, I love going out on dates with you!'. ::sounds of my heart melting:: I love going out on dates with my little man too!! When the hostess asked us if we'd like to dine inside or out on the patio, Bug requested that we sit outside. It was a nice evening out, albeit a tiny bit chilly...but we had a great time together. He's growing up to be such an amazing young man. I'm a lucky momma.
Cali called again as he was on his way home from the meeting with his new client. We managed to get another extended conversation in. We talked about his upcoming trip here....and what I can't wait to do to him and vice versa. *evil grins* It felt so good to just hear his voice and laugh with him and flirt with him. If only I could touch him and hold him...I'd be much more content. However, in the meantime I'll take what we can manage. His work schedule has been really crazy along with both of us being ill at alternating times so our contact has been limited and spotty of late. There was a time where we talked for hours each day. We'd talk about our lives, dreams, tell each other jokes, whatever came to mind. Recently it's been limited to a brief catch up of our respective days and then an update on the rest of the week and any pertinent information that needed to be exchanged. Today was such a departure from the recent events and it really made my day. Just what I needed.
With it being a holiday weekend it makes it more difficult for us to manage much, if any, contact but it's ok. I have no expectations but hopefully we'll manage to sneak a little time to touch base...even if it's a text message at some point.
If I can manage to avoid a major conflict with JD over the next three days and figure out a chance to talk to Cali...it'll be a good weekend. Tomorrow is my manicure/pedicure appt. which I am SO looking forward to. Just to relax and get pampered a bit...I really need it after the stress of the surgery and other events going on. We have some things planned for the weekend, so it'll be a busy couple of days and then Tuesday it's (almost) back to normal. I have another week before I return to work so I hope to get some things taken care of around the house before I go back...along with resting and recuperating.
So that's my little update...now that it's actually SATURDAY...I probably should get to bed.
Night all.


No comments:
Post a Comment