Disappointed
I was supposed to meet JM for breakfast and then come back here to spend some time together but he has to pick up his boys at noon so it won't work. I was really looking forward to seeing him today. He still said he may be able to swing a bit of time out of the house this afternoon, he has to do some shopping so he was thinking of coming up my way and we could go together to do the shopping. Just needs to make sure the boys are taken care of. I have my fingers crossed. Next weekend he's going away with the boys and his brother's family so we won't see each other at all. I'll miss him but it'll be fine. We need time away from each other...he needs a chance to hang with his boys and his family and just be together. This is a very different type of relationship for me...in many ways I feel like it's more mature and reasonable. I want him to go off on his own and have fun...I want him to spend time with his brother drinking and being a boy...I want him to spend lots of time with his kids. In my previous life I would have been jealous and insecure that he (or whoever I was with) was spending time away from me and feeling as if he preferred all those options over me. Now I realize that we both need time away from each other to appreciate the time we're together that much more. Wow, does that mean I'm growing up? LOL Seriously, we did the inseparable, talking constantly, spending every waking moment together or online together or on the phone together and look where it got us. We were both losing a grip on our family life, feeling stress and overwhelmed, and he freaked out. This time is different and hopefully will remain that way. I don't know what the future holds...I don't know if we're meant to be together for the long haul...I'm not thinking that far in advance. I'm just enjoying the here and now and the way we fit together effortlessly. I do know how I feel when I'm with him, how my heart melts when he looks at me with those brown eyes, how I feel wrapped up in those big arms of his, how tiny and petite and protected I feel when I'm in his presence...mmmmm. Yeah it's a good thing for sure. Whew I think I need a cold shower. ::grin::
So I think I'll grab a quick breakfast and then head to the gym. Hopefully when I return he'll be on his way over and we can spend a bit of time together. If not I have plenty of house stuff to deal with and a big pile of mail and papers that I need to sort through. It's slowly taking over my dining room and if I don't get a handle on it soon you'll be hearing a news story about a woman who was buried alive amidst the never ending, always growing pile of paperwork in her home. heehee
I'm out of here...I'll update more later. Lots to discuss on the divorce front among other areas. Bye for now.
So I think I'll grab a quick breakfast and then head to the gym. Hopefully when I return he'll be on his way over and we can spend a bit of time together. If not I have plenty of house stuff to deal with and a big pile of mail and papers that I need to sort through. It's slowly taking over my dining room and if I don't get a handle on it soon you'll be hearing a news story about a woman who was buried alive amidst the never ending, always growing pile of paperwork in her home. heehee
I'm out of here...I'll update more later. Lots to discuss on the divorce front among other areas. Bye for now.


4 comments:
Big thumbs up. That is definitely a mature love. I know absolutely what you're saying about the 'possession'....a relationship without it is so different. And very healthy, I've found.
When you spoke of what he said about the comfort, that's exactly what my guy said to me. I wish you every joy honey!
Thanks Fiona. I'm not looking for a big picture, just enjoying what we have and letting him have his space. Confident that he'll return to spend time with me without me having to obsess over it. So far it's working. Deep breaths and lots of patience. We are so incredibly lucky to have this type of relationship...I haven't said anything about it on my blog until now because I was scared. Scared it was entirely too good to be true, scared that it wasn't what I thought it was. But our conversations this weekend confirm that we're both very much in the same place...scared like crazy of what we feel but really enjoying it and wanting to pursue it. Slowly, maturely and together. He and his kids have been through hell and then some with the ex and I know they're all emotionally in great pain still. I don't know that it'll never go away completely. So I will be patient and loving and just let him know that I am there. So far so good.
Drama
I was once 'there. And my guy said to me: "Fiona, just love me." And that's what I'm doing, I'm 'just' loving him. And it's the best way to feel it, really feel it, without all the wanting and needing and obsessing.
Just love him :)
You are totally correct Fiona. I have to catch myself because it's very easy to fall back into that obsessive, trying to control things behavior. But I know that won't prove anything nor will it help the relationship. It needs time to grow and develop on it's own...naturally. That's exactly what I intend to do...if it kills me!!
Post a Comment