Friday, November 02, 2007

Whatever you believe....a favor.

If you believe in prayer, please pray.
If you believe in chants, please chant.
If you believe in dances, please dance.
Whatever your beliefs, I am asking for your good thoughts, prayers, wishes, chants, etc.

My dad is sick...very very sick. The doctor has said that he isn't going to live very long. He's currently on a ventilator and will be undergoing a tracheostomy this coming week. Despite us having our differences, he's still my DADDY. I'm flying out to see him on Thursday, providing nothing serious happens before then. My brother is there now and only got to see him for about 20 minutes before he had to be sedated and is now unconscious until the procedure is complete. Before this last relapse he begged his wife to call me and ask me to find a way to come down to see him AND to bring Bug. So we're going, just me and Bug. I'm scared of making the trip, seeing him in this condition and not having anyone there to support me, having to be strong for Bug as well as myself. I'm scared of what seeing him is going to do to me....I'm scared of my Daddy passing away. I'm just plain scared. I've gone from lots and lots of tears to being somewhat numb.

That's all I have the energy to write at this moment. Please just pray....all good thoughts and energy is greatly appreciated. I don't want him to die but I also don't want him to suffer and be in pain.

Thanks
Drama

6 comments:

Don said...

I'm very sorry that you have to go through this. Difficult as it can be, we all have a finite life span on this planet - dying is another part of the life cycle. I'm sure it's hard to see that right now, and you will have a grieving process to work through. But remember: your father (and Bug's grandfather) will never truly be gone as long as he lives on in your hearts and memories.

You know my hours - feel free to call me if you need a sympathetic ear. And won't your brother be there when you arrive, or does he have to depart before you get there?

If you're a religious person, even just a little bit (and I believe you are to some degree), now might be a good time to seek the aid of a local church of your denomination when you get there, or at least the hospital chapel - most hospitals have them, equipped with priests willing, a la Father Mulcahy from "M*A*S*H", to help those of any denomination deal with their crises. (Heck, some might even have priestesses by now.) Bug might appreciate having the added support at a time when you'll be having a hard time supporting yourself.

If I had the money and the time off, I'd seriously consider going down there with you to help you through this. I'll be with you in spirit, and via the phone and the Internet. [big warm hug]

Fiona said...

Drama - I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is, it shakes you to your core.

I hope someone is there to hold your hand because you have to hold Bug's.

My thoughts are with you, I'll be doing my own version of 'prayer'.


Fiona

DH said...

Hey Drama...I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I wish you nothing but the best of luck in your trip and especially hope it's not too overwhelming for Bug.

Anonymous said...

Entering Good thoughts here.

{submit}

All the best to you and yours in this difficult time.

Trueself said...

I am so very sorry.

You have my number. Call me if you need me. Really.

{{HUGS}}

Drama said...

Thank you to everyone who posted comments...it means so much to me. TS and Matt - you just might hear from me if it gets too difficult. Thanks again...you all rock.

Drama