Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

Thousands of Sexy and Funny Images


It's been two weeks since I posted, where has the time gone? First of all a tremendous thank you to all our troops here at home and abroad who are the reason we have the freedoms we do. I could never possibly thank you all enough.

Life has been going along. Some definite stressors but also some really cool stuff. They finally replaced the manager in our office and I am oh so grateful. Not to mention the fact that he's mighty cute...win-win if you ask me. *grin* Work is trudging along.

Spending lots of great times with friends. This is a rather different experience for me, throughout my entire marriage I never really had many friends, in fact most times I lost touch with friends in favor of focusing 100% of my life on the marriage. That left me with very few friends as most are married and not at the same place as me. Now it's very different. I have a tremendous network of friends, good close friends who I can easily call up at a moments notice for support or simply to go out and grab a sandwich and have a great conversation with. We laugh, we share, we support...it's awesome.

I am still dating, enjoying meeting new people and just having fun. Cute Boy is still around but I know deep down in my heart he's great for the here and now but he's nowhere near having long term potential. That's an ok thing though, I'm not looking to settle down and get married tomorrow. We have fun when we're together, we don't make any promises that we can't keep, we simply enjoy each other's company when the opportunity arises. Had a fabulous date with a new guy on Thursday - Sailor. We met for drinks and then went for a walk. He opened doors for me, walked me to my car, gave me a fabulous kiss goodbye and asked if he could see me again. YEAH!! Saturday night I had a date with a guy who I have been in contact with for about a month - Chef. It was so nice to finally spend some time together. We had dinner, went to see a movie and then out for drinks. He's such a sweetheart. We were going to try to get together yesterday or today but it wasn't to be. It's ok, we'll get together soon.

One thing I've noticed about myself, I've gained this overwhelming sense of calmness when it comes to dating. I know that years ago, even a year ago, if I had begun seeing someone, I was always anxious to see them again. I would even have been willing to blow off friends to secure another date. Last night Chef asked me to come up to see him but I was with my friends and having a good time. It wasn't that I didn't want to see him but I had already made the plans with my friends and was enjoying their company. A year ago I would have easily made an excuse and left my friends to go out with him....not anymore. I'm learning that it's all about balance.

Yesterday my good friends had a block party and invited me. I was going to stop by for a little while but a little while turned into 8 hours! We cooked out, talked, laughed, and had a great time. After the sun went down they fired up the fire pit and we toasted marshmallows and made s'mores. Another friend of ours stopped by right about the time we were eating and stayed for a bit. Always have a great time with them, they're good people. I got a little sun and fresh air which is always a good thing.

All in all a good weekend. This week should be a fun one. It's only a 4 day work week and I have lots of great things planned for much of it. Great dinner with friends, an evening out, a birthday party, at least one, maybe two dates....good times.

Life is good and I'm enjoying every single moment of it.

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone! Be safe and be well.

3 comments:

Fusion said...

hmm, I think you're turning into an inspiration here drama ;)

...it's all about balance.

Good thoughts to live by, and it sounds like life is finally on your terms. That is very cool.

Drama said...

Awww thanks, Fuse!! I highly doubt I'd call myself an inspiration...definitely a work in progress though. I'm getting there! =)

Drama

perdido said...

Yes, you are definitely getting there. Congrats!