We interrupt this relationship....
yeah that's pretty much the way things went. K decided that he had some things he needed to deal with, nothing that had to do directly with US, nothing that had to do with ME, but things that could potentially cause problems FOR us. He asked me to give him some time, to be patient, to wait for him, to put us on "hold". I asked for how long, he couldn't tell me, he truly has no idea. At first I was confident enough in us, in me, that I was willing to wait. But as the week wore on (yeah it was only a week but damn didn't it feel like a lifetime) I realized that without any parameters, without any guidelines or feedback, or hint as to what to expect, I was going to go crazy. I care about him...dare I say, maybe even love him, but I can't wait indefinitely. He understands that and while the selfish side of him wants to ask me to wait, the logical side knows it's not fair and not right. So we're apart. If somewhere, sometime in the distant future he gets things straightened out, I may hear from him...or maybe not. I'm hurting in some ways but surprisingly ok in others. I miss so many things about him, about us, but I know that he's not in the right place to be a good partner and I deserve that. I know that, he knows that...he's an awesome guy and I miss him.
Thank you, K, for all that you've given me...you will never fully know...
Thank you, K, for all that you've given me...you will never fully know...


4 comments:
I am so sorry that life didn't work out the way you had hoped right now. I know it's tough to keep faith that he WILL come back when he gets his head cleared, but I am hopeful that he does. You deserve the best tho, that is for sure!!!
Awe... this is so sad.
Hang in there!
Flat Coke & C-Marie,
Thank you for the kind words. We've been in contact this week...nothing too over the top but we are still talking. I'm not expecting anything to come of it...right now he needs me to be supportive and he needs me to be a friend.
Got to your blog by way of Cheaper than therapy...I am 32 year old soon to be single drama mama. I vent about it on my blog at www.myspace2vent.blogspot.com I think after reading your blog..that Im going to take names off my blog and go ahead and let it ALL out! I am having the time of my life!! It's Great to be Freeee!
Post a Comment