Total Funk
So we're less than 10 hours until the party to celebrate the new chapter of my life (aka my divorce freedom party) and I'm ready to cancel it. Yes I have guests coming, in the range of almost 30 people at last count. So why would I even consider canceling it? Because my bestest friend in the whole wide world has opted to skip my party in favor of spending the evening with her new boyfriend, the jealous, insecure, immature, new boyfriend. The new boyfriend that is jealous of me (thinks there is something going on between us) and is also jealous of the 60 year old disabled man on the scooter in her neighborhood. Yep...we're both competition for him I guess. ::shakes head::
To top it off, K may not even be here. All along he was coming, we were spending the weekend together, after TWO weeks of not seeing each other. Then out of the blue he gets a call on Wednesday that he has some type of sports banquet that his team is being recognized at on the same night and starts at the SAME TIME. He first says he's getting another representative from the team to go or he'll pick up the recognition some other way. He INSISTS he WILL be at the party. As of last night, he's going to the awards event and he'll stop by as soon as he can get free. Whatever. He lives an hour from my place so that means he won't be here at any reasonable hour. I'm so exhausted and hurt and frustrated and.....I don't even know what I am.
I have to focus on the fact that I do have some amazing friends who will be here tonight...and steer away from obsessing on the few that won't. It's not easy...in some ways, it feels like rejection. ::sigh::
To top it off, K may not even be here. All along he was coming, we were spending the weekend together, after TWO weeks of not seeing each other. Then out of the blue he gets a call on Wednesday that he has some type of sports banquet that his team is being recognized at on the same night and starts at the SAME TIME. He first says he's getting another representative from the team to go or he'll pick up the recognition some other way. He INSISTS he WILL be at the party. As of last night, he's going to the awards event and he'll stop by as soon as he can get free. Whatever. He lives an hour from my place so that means he won't be here at any reasonable hour. I'm so exhausted and hurt and frustrated and.....I don't even know what I am.
I have to focus on the fact that I do have some amazing friends who will be here tonight...and steer away from obsessing on the few that won't. It's not easy...in some ways, it feels like rejection. ::sigh::


2 comments:
((Hugs))
I know K is big into his sports, but still. I think he's just being a bonehead, and you should kick his ass over it when you get the chance. Sorry, this should come first in my book. Just my 2 cents.
Wish I could have come back for the party, hope you have a great time!
Thanks Fuse. I'm holding out on saying anything just yet. He may surprise me and skip the event to be here, he's something like that before. But at this point I'm assuming he'll not be here. If my assumption comes to be...there'll be a whole bunch of butt kicking going on, or at the very least a long heart to heart talk. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about the party as we get closer. I wish you could have made the trip back too! Going to be a good time with a houseful. Just got a call from another friend who is going to come, up until this morning I hadn't heard one way or another. Good news... =)
Post a Comment