How many days 'til Christmas????
Oh my, here I have been skipping along through life thinking that I have PLENTY of time to take care of the few gifts I need to select for family and good friends. I mentally do the calculations in my head...Saturday, Sunday, Monday...nope have plans on Monday, scratch that, Tuesday...nope, have something going on Tuesday night as well...uhhh that's ok I still have Wednesd.....OH CRAP!! Wednesday is Christmas Eve!! I have to work AND I'm hosting my family Christmas Eve. That leaves today and tomorrow. I have Bug today and my house looks like a bomb exploded in here. I have friends coming over Monday night...this is so not good. That's when I immediately shifted into power shopper mode. Grabbed Bug, hopped into the car and made my way to whatever store I can find that is NOT attached to the monster shopping mall. I REFUSE to go into that mall, I'd rather jab myself in the eye repeatedly with a red hot poker. So I manage to make it to a nearby discount department store where Bug and I manage to find a few items to take care of our list. I still have two or three items to get but I feel so much better having gotten the majority out of the way. Whew...crisis averted. Once we managed to accomplish said task, we rewarded ourselves with lunch at a nearby Italian restaurant. Bug wanted to take me on a *date* so that's what we did. Now we're home and ready to work on getting this house into some semblance of decency so that I can have friends over Monday night without severe embarassment. Wish us luck! HA
On the K front, nothing to report. We spoke last Saturday and nothing since. I'm remarkably ok with it. There is a part of me that's hurt and a bit angry that he's able to go day to day without so much as a text message to me...am I that insignificant? But then I realize that we did in fact have a talk about this and I think that deep in my heart of hearts I was sure we'd both go crazy and not be able to survive without contact. Guess I was wrong. Not sure what that says about us...are we *not* meant to be or are we meant to be but just willing and able to separate ourselves in order for him to make the changes he needs to make? I don't know. We are supposed to see each other for Christmas Day. I did buy him gifts. Nothing expensive or intense...just a few things that I thought he could use or would like. I'm not really excited or dealing with much anticipation with regards to seeing him this week. When we do see each other it'll be over 3 weeks since we were together last. THREE weeks. On some levels that just seems incredibly messed up and on others it's not a big deal. I don't know.


2 comments:
Bug taking you out on a date... too cute!
And about K? My new saying these days is it is what it is...
Fuse - I am truly blessed. I have the best little boy in the entire world and he loves me unconditionally and with everything in him. =) We had an awesome day together yesterday.
Re: K - yeah I'm not all that freaked out about things. I'm half expecting things to end this week and surprisingly I'm ok with that. Whoda thunk it, eh?
Post a Comment