Is it inappropriate...?
Is it inappropriate to break up with someone on Christmas Day? Heartless? I'm not sure, but that's part of what I have planned for this afternoon. Yes, I plan to end things with K today. Correction, once we have a chance to talk and I get things out in the open, assuming things don't change drastically (which I don't expect that to happen), I will be breaking up with him. I can't live like this any longer. I know he has things to take care of and he has to figure out where he's going...I get that and I respect that. He has to respect that this limbo is totally screwing with me. Yes I'm doing ok, but he's on my mind and I find myself beginning to resent him. Resenting his ability to just let go and have NO contact with me, his ability to shut down completely and shut me out of his life without so much as a phone call, email, or text message. I deserve more and I deserve better. If he's unable/unwilling to give that to me then I need to let him go and he needs to let me go. Maybe once he gets his life figured out we could have a chance. I have no plans to rush out and start dating but I also can't just sit here waiting and not knowing what he's doing or where he's going. I'm sure the timing is terrible but considering I havent' seen him in almost a MONTH and I don't know the next time I'll see him, I can't possibly wait. We NEED to talk today and come to some sort of resolution.
I'm losing my patience with him. For example, he called this morning to confirm for today. I confirmed with him that he'd probably be here between 1 and 1:30, based on his plans/schedule for this morning with his kids. He agreed. Said he'd call when he was on his way from dropping off his kids (about an hour from me). It is now almost 2pm and I've gotten NO phone call. I just tried to call him and of course it went to voice mail. Fantastic. So I sit here by myself wondering if he changed his mind, did his car die somewhere (he was having vehicle troubles this week), or what? How about a little consideration? A quick phone call or text? This is the stuff that I am talking about. I don't think I'm asking for a lot.
::sigh:: Off to play online for a bit. Hope everyone has a great holiday. I'll be happy when today is over.
I'm losing my patience with him. For example, he called this morning to confirm for today. I confirmed with him that he'd probably be here between 1 and 1:30, based on his plans/schedule for this morning with his kids. He agreed. Said he'd call when he was on his way from dropping off his kids (about an hour from me). It is now almost 2pm and I've gotten NO phone call. I just tried to call him and of course it went to voice mail. Fantastic. So I sit here by myself wondering if he changed his mind, did his car die somewhere (he was having vehicle troubles this week), or what? How about a little consideration? A quick phone call or text? This is the stuff that I am talking about. I don't think I'm asking for a lot.
::sigh:: Off to play online for a bit. Hope everyone has a great holiday. I'll be happy when today is over.


4 comments:
Well, gee sounds like you're having a Merry Effing Christmas too. Sorry girlfriend.
And no, I don't think it's bad to break up with him on Christmas. It doesn't sound like he's invested enough for it to be a tragic loss for him.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ttuA1UEUAI0
It's ridiculous for him to think you have been sitting around waiting for his decision so you can slot into whatever part of his life he wants you to be in..
Surely it's OK for you to have used this time to decide what you want too..
The lyrics of this song.. just.. perfect.. please listen until the end.. xx
Sorry. You deserve better. Hope everything went well.
TS - Thanks Girlie. Yeah, it's been a pretty rocky holiday. I think I need a vacation!
Kimba - No I'm sure he didn't think I was just sitting at home waiting for him. I am going to check out that you tube link. Thanks.
Charmed - I do deserve better in some ways but in others, K is exactly what I need and deserve.
Thank you.
Post a Comment