Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Boy #1

Last night I had my first date with Boy #1. It almost didn't happen. I'm having vehicle issues so I had no car. He offered to pick me up but quickly commented that he'd understand if I was uncomfortable with that arrangement since we'd never actually met in person. I wasn't concerned, I really felt like I'd known him quite well and he definitely came across as a perfect gentleman.

So he drove out and picked me up. He let me pick the destination so we ended up at a neighborhood bar/pizza place that I know most of the staff and bartender. Figured if he turned into a jerk (highly unlikely) I'd be in my *CHEERS* and could get someone to take me home. Heh

He pulled up, I hopped in and the conversation started with ease. We talked all the way to the restaurant, laughing and joking along the way as well. There was even some flirting along the way.

The original plan was to meet for a drink or two and then call it a night. We were getting along so well that he asked if I'd have dinner with him which I of course agreed to.

WE.HAD.THE.BEST.TIME.

He brought me home, kissed goodnight, talked about getting together again, and drove off. Within 15 minutes he called to talk and tell me that he enjoyed our time together and wanted to see me again. We're making plans for that.

He's so different than K...has been at the same job for 23 years, has his own home, his children live with him, he's stable, mature, and reliable! He even paid for dinner...what a foreign concept!

Today he called me to say good morning, and then at lunch and after work. All just brief, sweet, calls to check in and say hi.

I'm floating today, it was a great evening. =)

2 comments:

Lea said...

Yea! Congrats on the good night. You deserve it!

Sally-Sal said...

Yay!!! He sounds like a good one. You're overdue for that. Lovins!!!!!