Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Brief Update

Work - Kicking my arse three ways to Sunday, taking time off for the move didn't help matters. I'm still in the midst of unburying myself from the piles of work that accumulated while I was on vacation (ha...vacation...moving vacation!).

Packing/Moving - I'm so over it and wish I was already unpacked here. I'm loving the new place as in, it's MINE, I can do what I want when I want here...but I'm hating the fact that my kitchen and bathroom are tiny. Being a cook, it's been a hellacious project trying to get all my "stuff" to fit. It's not working. The Man is making me a buffet to store much of my entertaining/serving pieces...thank goodness!

The Man - My sanity, my serenity, he rocks my world on a daily basis. He's been here helping me pack, move, unpack, repair miscellaneous things, make things more home-like, and just being my support system. I'd be LOST without him. Despite all attempts to the contrary, I am falling for him...HARDCORE. He makes it easy to fall though...and I'm confident that he will be there to catch me.

Bug - Beyond excited about "our new home". He's been a big help, especially for an almost 6 year old, unpacking most of his own clothing and shoes and putting them where they belong. For the first time in his life he has a TV AND CABLE(!!) in his own room. He truly thinks he's a rockstar. I love that kid.

Me - I'm very happy and while I still struggle with fear and insecurity on occasion, things are GOOD. The Man makes me ridiculously happy, I have a job (albeit a crappy paying one), my son is happy and healthy, I have a roof over my head, great friends, what more could I ask for? Well besides a million dollars? Heh

In a nutshell all is well. Dealing with JD is nothing more than a nuisance at this point. The Man loses patience with him and how he acts towards me but I guess I'm so used to it that it doesn't even make it onto my radar at this point. I do love how protective The Man is of me. ::swoon:: Yet something else I'm not used to.

Life is good! =)

2 comments:

Fiona said...

A good man is better than a million dollars ;)

Great to see you so happy hon :)

Fusion said...

Hey You! You sound great, I read this last night but was sicker than a dog then. I've been wondering how the move went too. I'm glad you've found a nice guy this time Drama, you so deserve it!
Talk soon.