3 weeks
It's been 3 weeks since the Man left to be with his family. 3 weeks since I held him and kissed him. I miss him like crazy. His dad has now been moved to hospice and the powers that be say it's just a matter of time. He's being kept comfortable but they are not going to try anything else to help him. He made this decision of his own free will, he's prepared for whatever happens. I don't know if the Man is prepared. I worry that he's going to crumble when all is said and done. I hope I can be the rock he will so desperately need.
We talked tonight and he's planning to come home in a couple of days. He is lucky to have very reliable employees who are basically running his business in his absence. But he needs to get back, to pay bills, to write out paychecks, to take care of his business. We're both very much looking forward to seeing each other.
The past three weeks have been an exercise in strength and trust. Our relationship is still so very new and while I want to trust him implicitly and he's given me no reason NOT to trust him, it doesn't come easy for me. I've been burned more than my fair share. I've given my time and patience to have it thrown back at me and rejected. So I've struggled with being patient and knowing that his lack of contact/communication isn't an indication of lack of interest, it's merely life running out of control for him. He has kept in touch as best as he can, when he can...and that means so much to me. I want to be the support for him, I want to be there for him...it's frightening to put myself out there and trust and be patient...but I think he's worth it. Only time will tell.
I've been thinking about giving the Man a nickname, something better than "the Man". I've decided to call him, Hot Rod. I think that fits.
We talked tonight and he's planning to come home in a couple of days. He is lucky to have very reliable employees who are basically running his business in his absence. But he needs to get back, to pay bills, to write out paychecks, to take care of his business. We're both very much looking forward to seeing each other.
The past three weeks have been an exercise in strength and trust. Our relationship is still so very new and while I want to trust him implicitly and he's given me no reason NOT to trust him, it doesn't come easy for me. I've been burned more than my fair share. I've given my time and patience to have it thrown back at me and rejected. So I've struggled with being patient and knowing that his lack of contact/communication isn't an indication of lack of interest, it's merely life running out of control for him. He has kept in touch as best as he can, when he can...and that means so much to me. I want to be the support for him, I want to be there for him...it's frightening to put myself out there and trust and be patient...but I think he's worth it. Only time will tell.
I've been thinking about giving the Man a nickname, something better than "the Man". I've decided to call him, Hot Rod. I think that fits.


No comments:
Post a Comment