Breathing a sigh of relief
Talk about a stressful weekend. Whew. Friday night I went out with a friend for dinner. We haven't seen each other since October or November of last year and our lives are light years apart now. We originally met due to our kiddos but now we're just at opposite ends of the spectrum. It was definitely an awkward evening and one that I don't think will be repeated ever. Sad to say I think our friendship has exhausted it's usefulness. Afterwards I met up with another friend for drinks. I ended up staying out later than normal but I would have just as soon been home early. A rather uneventful evening and one that honestly I don't care to relive. I didn't get to bed until very late and had to get up early for my nail appt. So I got about 4 hours of sleep. I didn't talk to Cali, he texted me to tell me that he was home and missed me. That was it. I was disappointed, hoping to talk to him but it didn't happen.
Saturday we had JD's family over for a late lunch/early dinner. So I was up early to get my nails done and then to make my marinara sauce for the meal. I am proud to say that despite my lack of sleep I managed to turn out a fabulous meal that everyone raved about. The only problem was not enough sauce. I should have doubled my recipe. Ah well. After everyone left we lounged around and watched a video. Cali surprised me with a call, the first contact I'd had with him all day. We talked for a bit and he reassured me that all was well. He was really burnt out from the hectic pace at work on Thursday and Friday. He reiterated that he can't wait to see me at the end of March, which I of course feel the same way. Our conversation ended quickly as he had to answer a call from his son, but it was a good conversation for the most part.
After I got off the phone with Cali and was watching the movie, my throat started to hurt and my ears were popping. I could tell I was coming down with something...not cool. I went to bed feeling achy and just overall crummy. I slept through the night and actually didn't wake up until after 10am. JD took care of getting Bug's breakfast and stuff and I got myself something to eat and then went to nap on the couch. We had a family gathering at JD's brother's that day but there was no way I was going feeling the way I did so I made the side dish I was assigned to bring (JD's brother never has a gathering without assigning everyone a dish to bring...but anyway) and then went back to sleeping on the couch. JD took Bug to the festivities and left me at home to relax and fend for myself.
I slept on and off most of the day and part of the evening until they came home. I was running a fever and had some funky dreams when I was sleeping. I was having all kinds of freaky things going on in my head and started to imagine that for some strange reason Cali was trying to end things with me by just calling once a day. WTF?? I ended up texting him asking if we were in fact over ...etc. Talk about screwed up! I never did get a response either way which in my twisted, fever induced nuttiness brought me to the assumption that we were in fact over. Yeah I know I have issues. LOL I went to bed convinced I had probably pushed him over the edge with my irrational behavior. Woke up this morning feeling better physically. I managed to get my butt into the shower even though I felt pretty weak and achy. I just needed to get a shower finally! Imagine my surprise when my cell rang and it was Cali!! He was laughing at my goofiness yesterday, thank goodness. I told him that I was sure he'd hate me after the messages I sent. He told me that he could never possibly hate me, he cares too much about me. ::swoon:: We talked a bit and he explained that he had a very stressful and hectic day yesterday, some problems with one of the kids. So yet again, my paranoia was completely unfounded. I really need to slow down and relax. Thank goodness he's such an understanding guy and hasn't run as fast as his legs will take him. I think I'd have run from me by now! So we caught up a bit before he arrived at the office for his meeting today. He said he'll call me later today. So now I can breath a sigh of relief.
I have zero desire to get anything accomplished today. I have no energy but I really need to get laundry caught up. I have no idea what to make for dinner, I didn't pull anything out of the freezer yesterday. It was all I could do to get myself up off the couch and to bed last night. I am supposed to work tomorrow but my boss is a HUGE germophobe so I have a feeling that if I'm still the least bit sniffly she's not going to want me to come in. She'll actually send me home if she thinks I may be sick. I really need the $$ but I don't know if I'll have the energy.
My house is actually clean for the first time in forever and I'm hoping and praying that I can manage to keep it this way. But of course, part of the issue is getting the other inhabitants to comply with my request. We shall see...it's much more difficult to keep it organized when I'm sick because I can't keep on top of everyone and everything.
I haven't been to the gym since my PT session on Thursday and I really can feel it. But now that I'm sick I don't have enough energy to make myself go. I hope that I'll feel better soon enough because I really miss working out. Isn't that kind of sick? lol
Well I don't have much more to add at this point so I think I'll go. Maybe some more tidbits of wisdom later....or not.
Drama
Saturday we had JD's family over for a late lunch/early dinner. So I was up early to get my nails done and then to make my marinara sauce for the meal. I am proud to say that despite my lack of sleep I managed to turn out a fabulous meal that everyone raved about. The only problem was not enough sauce. I should have doubled my recipe. Ah well. After everyone left we lounged around and watched a video. Cali surprised me with a call, the first contact I'd had with him all day. We talked for a bit and he reassured me that all was well. He was really burnt out from the hectic pace at work on Thursday and Friday. He reiterated that he can't wait to see me at the end of March, which I of course feel the same way. Our conversation ended quickly as he had to answer a call from his son, but it was a good conversation for the most part.
After I got off the phone with Cali and was watching the movie, my throat started to hurt and my ears were popping. I could tell I was coming down with something...not cool. I went to bed feeling achy and just overall crummy. I slept through the night and actually didn't wake up until after 10am. JD took care of getting Bug's breakfast and stuff and I got myself something to eat and then went to nap on the couch. We had a family gathering at JD's brother's that day but there was no way I was going feeling the way I did so I made the side dish I was assigned to bring (JD's brother never has a gathering without assigning everyone a dish to bring...but anyway) and then went back to sleeping on the couch. JD took Bug to the festivities and left me at home to relax and fend for myself.
I slept on and off most of the day and part of the evening until they came home. I was running a fever and had some funky dreams when I was sleeping. I was having all kinds of freaky things going on in my head and started to imagine that for some strange reason Cali was trying to end things with me by just calling once a day. WTF?? I ended up texting him asking if we were in fact over ...etc. Talk about screwed up! I never did get a response either way which in my twisted, fever induced nuttiness brought me to the assumption that we were in fact over. Yeah I know I have issues. LOL I went to bed convinced I had probably pushed him over the edge with my irrational behavior. Woke up this morning feeling better physically. I managed to get my butt into the shower even though I felt pretty weak and achy. I just needed to get a shower finally! Imagine my surprise when my cell rang and it was Cali!! He was laughing at my goofiness yesterday, thank goodness. I told him that I was sure he'd hate me after the messages I sent. He told me that he could never possibly hate me, he cares too much about me. ::swoon:: We talked a bit and he explained that he had a very stressful and hectic day yesterday, some problems with one of the kids. So yet again, my paranoia was completely unfounded. I really need to slow down and relax. Thank goodness he's such an understanding guy and hasn't run as fast as his legs will take him. I think I'd have run from me by now! So we caught up a bit before he arrived at the office for his meeting today. He said he'll call me later today. So now I can breath a sigh of relief.
I have zero desire to get anything accomplished today. I have no energy but I really need to get laundry caught up. I have no idea what to make for dinner, I didn't pull anything out of the freezer yesterday. It was all I could do to get myself up off the couch and to bed last night. I am supposed to work tomorrow but my boss is a HUGE germophobe so I have a feeling that if I'm still the least bit sniffly she's not going to want me to come in. She'll actually send me home if she thinks I may be sick. I really need the $$ but I don't know if I'll have the energy.
My house is actually clean for the first time in forever and I'm hoping and praying that I can manage to keep it this way. But of course, part of the issue is getting the other inhabitants to comply with my request. We shall see...it's much more difficult to keep it organized when I'm sick because I can't keep on top of everyone and everything.
I haven't been to the gym since my PT session on Thursday and I really can feel it. But now that I'm sick I don't have enough energy to make myself go. I hope that I'll feel better soon enough because I really miss working out. Isn't that kind of sick? lol
Well I don't have much more to add at this point so I think I'll go. Maybe some more tidbits of wisdom later....or not.
Drama


3 comments:
Girl....I so understand that lack of energy thing (even without being sick) and the no desire to get anything done thing. It's called depression....at least in my case. I hate that I feel like this all the time.
I hope you feel better today. You know how to find me on yahoo if you ever wanna talk again :) Hang in there!
Dear lord I could have written this post and probably have a million times LOL...
Hope you get all better . Being sick doesn't help the emotions at all. Take care of yourself
Post a Comment