Monday, April 02, 2007

Fantabulous Monday

I have to get to bed but thought I'd post a quick update. Work went well today, as well as it can on a first day. I hate that feeling of being new with no clue what the hell you are supposed to be doing, but everyone is really nice and helpful. The guy who I am replacing has been uber helpful and even created a user manual for me. He also has the most gorgeous green eyes, though he's about 22 years old. LOL My boss took me to lunch today, sort of awkward since he's not that adept on a social level but it was nice.

Cali and I played phone tag during the day and we finally got a chance to talk for a few minutes when I got home from work. He had taken a break from his day long meetings so he only had a few minutes to talk. He said he'd call me on his way home from work this evening....which he did. We had a great conversation, talking about our weekends, my first day at work, the fact that we'll be together in 15 days!!, among other things. We laughed an awful lot which is always a good thing. He's feeling almost completely well...he said at least 95% healed so I told him that I expect that he'll be 120% healed by the time I get there. He said he's hoping for that.

Bug had a rough day at the daycare...I'm feeling really stressed about that. I don't know if I just need to give it some time or what. The protective momma bear part of me says that I need to find another option quickly, perhaps someone to watch him at home that will care for him and love him just as we do...but then I wonder if that's even possible? He was emotional and overly sensitive all evening. I just want to do what's best for him.

Anywho, time for bed. Night all.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Congratulations on day 1 going so well, before you know it, you'll not be the new kid on the block :)

Re the little one, I'd say stick it out for a while to see if he can't adapt, but then I've never been a mother, that's advice based on what I saw my best friend do. Now her little boy loves it, and it has certainly increased his social skills tremendously, but it wasn't easy the first couple of weeks and it did eat at her too.

I hope it all goes well!

Drama said...

Thanks Fiona. Slowly but surely it's starting to come together.

This morning we had a bit of a step back re: Bug and daycare. I'm home right now, just had a conversation with the director of the daycare. Once he's a bit more calm I'll be dropping him off again and heading into work. Thank goodness the new company is extremely family friendly.

Drama