Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Is it too much to ask???

To be loved unconditionally and completely?
To be wanted for me?
To be accepted as I am, warts and all?
To be loved and made to feel safe and protected?
To be desired to the point where my breathe catches when I see the way he looks at me?
To be adored and worshiped by the person I adore and worship?
To be made love to like I am the sexiest woman on the planet?

Yeah I guess it is....hence the reason I've *settled* up until now. Maybe I'm not *worth* having that kind of love in my life...I just don't know.

I'm feeling incredibly alone and lonely tonight. I'm not missing JD...having him out of the house has actually relieved some of the stressors of every day life and the marriage itself. Responsibilities are solely mine and I'm ok with that. I'm feeling horribly lonely and I just want someone to hold me and make love to me....because they cherish me. I want to feel protected and loved and worshiped....I want to be treated like a damn princess. Is that too much to ask?

Yeah I thought so.

8 comments:

Fiona said...

Hell no, it's not too much to ask. But it is sometimes hard for them to deliver it, constantly. It seems to be difficult for some men to understand how little things, or a bad choice of words, can hurt and haunt us.

That was cruel of him to let your birthday go by. Crueler still to then pretend it was no big deal, especially when you had plans.

We are imperfect women dealing with imperfect men. The balance in relationships is often skewed. Only you can know if you want to keep nudging at your relationship with him. If you do, please be good to yourself hon.

Big big understanding hugs.

Drama said...

I should mention that he did apologize when he called me the following day...admitted that he was inconsiderate and that I had every right to be hurt and upset. He also sent a belated birthday gift however, in some cases it was too little too late. I just want to be wanted...unconditionally.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog tonight, and I know how you feel. Given time, it will be better. Trust me, I have lived it the last 9 months. You are your child will be just fine.

I thought I had *settled* too. But I was courageous enough to make the changes in my life so I could be happy. I deserved to be happy. YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!! And, no, you are not asking too much. There is someone out there who will make you feel protected and loved, when you find that person, you will know it.

Fiona said...

I understand you hon....but sometimes you just think, an apology should never have been necessary. I've had those, too, but what I'd really like is consideration, forethought and to be a priority just once in a while.

I want to be wanted unconditionally too...and I am a lot of the time....but reality is reality and we have to work within the confines of that reality. But honey, we can make it work despite our fears and own second-guessing.

Hugs

Trueself said...

I hope it isn't too much to ask.

Because I want all of that too.

Now if I could just brave up and get W out like you have with JD I might have a chance.

Drama said...

Thanks for stopping by, Charmed. I ma hoping that person is out there...I'm tired of being the one to *handle* everything. I want someone to take care of me for once!

Drama

Drama said...

I hear ya, TS. I don't know if my separation from JD was bravery or just plain old being fed up and ready to have my head explode. You will do it...in your own time...when you are ready.

Drama said...

Fiona - you hit the nail on the head!! I just want him to show me that I am somewhat of a priority. I know that he has so much more going on but I do whatever I can within my power to make him a priority and to let him know that he matters to me. I just ask for the same in return...but now I'm thinking that he is simply incapable of doing that. Either because I'm NOT a priority or because it's out of his realm of logical thinking. I just don't know but it makes me sad that he's let me down like this.