Of Boys on Motorcycles and Drunken Women
Yes that about sums up my evening, last night. Went to a nearby Summerfest with two friends from work. The indecisive *man* that I had been dating (JM) was supposed to go with us but bailed when he decided that he can't handle whatever it was we had. That's ok, we had a great time. My friend who drove has a convertible and since the weather was fabulous we of course made the trip with the top down. It was awesome to be driving along the highway with the music blaring and our hair blowing in the wind. Talking about boys and laughing like fools. As we made our way, we noticed a really cute guy on a motorcycle. He noticed us and thus began the *flirt*. He was riding alongside us or behind us the entire way. He was smiling at us, we were smiling at him, we were laughing and giggling trying to dare each other into flashing him, he was laughing and shaking his head at us...it was great fun. As we got closer to the fest grounds we lost him, or so we thought. Moments later he showed up behind us again with a huge smile on his face...and we were giggling again. As we took the exit for the fest parking he went in another direction. We knew that he was heading towards the specific parking area designated for motorcycles. He was going to the fest too...hehe. Knowing how big this fest is we were pretty sure we'd never find him, however my eagle eyed friend managed to find him within MINUTES of entering the gates. Being the brave soul she is, she immediately approached him and struck up a conversation. He asked where the rest of us were and then she walked him over to us. We talked, joked, flirted and introduced ourselves. He was incredibly cute and had a fabulous personality. He was heading over to watch a friend's band and we were wandering in the other direction. Said our goodbyes and walked off. Of course both of my friends are chastizing me because they insisted he was flirting with ME and that I should have given him my number. LOL I didn't see it and I think they were imagining things. We went on our way and had a fabulous time. We drank entirely too much and had a lot of laughs, listened to some awesome music, met some really cool people....all in all it was a great time. Later in the evening we ended up bumping into The Motorcycle Boy again. I ended up buying him a beer, we flirted, we touched (not in that way!!), danced together and then....we left! HAHA...it was ok. I wasn't pushing for anything and he seemed a bit shy to make any move. It was great fun to flirt and be flirted with by such a cutie.
All in all it was a most excellent evening. I had far too much to drink but the weather was amazing, the music was fabulous and it was such a great evening. So much better than I ever imagined it could be. We had lots of laughs and enjoyed all the eye candy at the fest.
Didn't hear from Cali all day but it really didn't affect or bother me. I didn't even realize it until we were on our way home at 9pm and I half expected that he might still call. I think I'm slowly walking away which saddens me in a way...giving up on something that I truly relied on for the past 8 months. Oh well sometimes you have to move on...I guess this might be the time for me.
All in all it was a most excellent evening. I had far too much to drink but the weather was amazing, the music was fabulous and it was such a great evening. So much better than I ever imagined it could be. We had lots of laughs and enjoyed all the eye candy at the fest.
Didn't hear from Cali all day but it really didn't affect or bother me. I didn't even realize it until we were on our way home at 9pm and I half expected that he might still call. I think I'm slowly walking away which saddens me in a way...giving up on something that I truly relied on for the past 8 months. Oh well sometimes you have to move on...I guess this might be the time for me.


1 comment:
Good for you for having a good time. Flirting is fun whether it leads further or not. I love to flirt!
It does sound as though you are stepping away from Cali. That may be for the best given the geography involved. It's hard to imagine either of you ever moving the distance it would take to be together in a permanent sort of way. It also sounds like although it is a sad thing, it is something for which you are ready. Go with the flow. Let things unwind as they unwind. You never know how things may turn out.
Post a Comment