Deep thunks....or not.
How do you know that a relationship isn't going to work? How do you know if it's truly not meant to be or you're just antsy and impatient and need to grow the hell up? Is it possible to succeed in a relationship when you begin to see things that are missing (or you feel like they're missing) simply because you're seeing these things possible in a different relationship? Go ahead, try to figure out what in the world I'm trying to ask in that last question...even *I* am not too sure. Ha! How do you know? How do you know if a relationship is the right one or just feels that way because it's new? When you feel like your settling for less, how do you know that it's true and not just you? When is it time to just say no more. When do you have a right to ask for more....do you have that right, even when you know the other party has a lot going on? Am I selling myself short and settling again or is what I have the real deal and I'm just being whiny and impatient? How the hell do I figure that out? I feel like for every step forward I've taken I've also taken two back. Just when I think I have things figured out and think I know where I'm going I get thrown a curveball and I'm striking out again. Feeling clueless and lost in my own feelings and insecurities. Being a grown up really sucks. Bleh


3 comments:
OMG, I so totally and completely understand where you are coming from.
Totally.
Completely.
And I have no answers to your questions, but if you find them please share them with me.
Life is hard, wear a helmet.
I would say to do whatever your heart is telling you. You and I have gone down similiar paths. We have been married, had children, going through divorces. It is time for us to be happy. Just let your hair down, live and laugh. Don't think about anyone else but yourself and Bug. You know what you need to be happy, now go and get it!!!
I would be willing to bet that if you feel "something is missing" or that "you feel like you're settling for less", it probably is and you probably are.
But here's the really good news (at least this seemed like good news to me several years ago) you don't have to make that decision right now. Just coast in this relationship a while, allow yourself the freedom to not think about 'forever' or even 'next month'.
Just be in the moment and pretty soon I think you'll figure out whether those moments are the best use of your precious time or not.
It's so hard to be patient, I know that, but I think that's exactly what you need to be right now. Very patient and have no expectations one way or the other. Let things play out in a natural fashion, and they will.
Post a Comment