Stronger Yet...
I did something today that made me rather proud of myself. I don't care to go into great detail, suffice it to say that I made a decision to end a situation that years, even months ago I wouldn't have had the strength to do. I would have remained in the situation and allowed the pattern to repeat itself. Not this time. I spent much of last night and this morning reviewing the issues, debating whether to let it go or put an end to it. When all was said and done, I realized that I am worth so much more. I deserve better and I will have it. So I opted to walk away, pull the plug, say goodbye. It feels strangely empowering and exhilarating. I am on my way to becoming my own person. GO ME!! It's sad but it's good. Growing and learning and most importantly, loving myself.
Took Bug out to see a play this am and then for a haircut. He looks so mature and old when he gets his hair cut...my baby boy! He's playing with toys while I relax and ponder whether I want to clean or just be lazy. I do have a ton of paperwork to go through and I need to balance my checkbook. I'll do it eventually, lol.
Tonight I have a tentative date with a new guy. He lives in the state north of me which puts him about an hour away from me. Not ideal but not horrible. We get along pretty well thus far so we'll see how things go. It's going to be casual which is about all I can handle right now.
Tomorrow we're having brunch with my family and then I think Bug and I will go with a couple of my friends and their kids to see a movie. Relaxing Mother's Day...just what I need.
So that's my weekend in a nutshell. Contentment comes in waves, sometimes it's sublimely serene and other times it's erratically unsettling. Each day is a wee bit better as I figure out who I am and what I want out of this life.
It's good...all of it.


1 comment:
good gel.. :)
it's good isn't it - sticking up for yourself and taking responsibility for the way you walk in the world..
Where you meeting all these half decent fellas?? xx
Post a Comment