Friday, December 05, 2008

Stick a fork in me...

Lots to blog about but no time. Just got in from work a little while ago...after putting in 12 hours and I have to go back in the morning. Gotta love this time of year...NOT!

K called today to tell me that he's taking some time to be alone and do some thinking. Part of me is apprehensive but a bigger part of me is relieved. Instead of wondering if he's going to call, I know he won't and I can just move forward with my weekend. That bit of limbo is a non-issue now. While I do care about him I realized today that I need to break away from him. I don't want to end things but the indecision and uncertainty is making me crazy. I need to let him go...if he gets through this and comes back, we're meant to be and we'll be together. If not...it's ok, we're not meant to be and I'd rather know it now instead of 5 years from now. Yes, I'll miss him but I can't live this way.

I have a very busy weekend ahead of me and I do want to talk to K in person about this so I didn't say anything when we spoke today on the phone. I'm giving him the weekend to do whatever thinking he needs to do.

I'm off to bed...then work tomorrow. Bleh

3 comments:

Rob said...

Me-thinks right now you're handling very well, all things considered.

The comment from the guy to your previous blog entry was dead-on.

I just wonder though - why would you want anyone to stick a fork in you? Aren't you afraid of going poof!!! :-)

Drama said...

Ah Rob, such a funny guy you are! LOL

Thank you for your kind words. Things are feeling a bit more centered. I'm busy baking and doing stuff with my kiddo today. Holiday party with friends tonight and more holiday merriment with my son tomorrow. I *will* get through this and I'll be happy damnit. hehe

Rob said...

Well dam-nit, you better darn well be happy. After all, 'tis the season, eh? :-)