Saturday, May 02, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday!

Today is a day to celebrate. Although he doesn't think so, to me it's definitely one of the most special days of the year...The Man's Birthday! I know he views today as merely another year added onto his age but for me, it's the day to celebrate the fact that he's part of my life. Without the past 40-some years, he wouldn't be here and he wouldn't be in my life. For that alone is reason to celebrate IMO!

So today I celebrate and rejoice in this amazing man that has been brought into my life. I thank his mom for his birth, his family and friend for making him the man he is...and I thank The Man for loving me and making me as happy as he has made me.

Bug and I are at his place today. He's working while I put the final preparations on his birthday celebration tonight. We will be joined by approximately 15-20 of his family and friends tonight to rejoice in The Man. His sister who he hasn't seen in far too long and his brother who lives nearly 10 hours away will be here. He'll be surrounded by good friends, co-workers, family, and Bug and me. All those that love him and value him for the wonderful, thoughtful, amazing man that he is. Bug was insistent that he be here to celebrate this birthday, in fact he asked me to negotiate with Exhole to change his "visitation" so that he'd be with me this weekend. He truly likes The Man and enjoys spending time with him. I'm happy that they get along so well.

I just finished making his birthday cake, a Black Forest Cake, his request. =) I just pray it stays together...it looks amazing right now. Heh. We're leaving things fairly low key, appetizers of all kinds, soda, beer, and just good friends...and of course the requisite birthday cake!

I'm off to shower and head to the store, I have to pick up a couple last minute things and I may just snag a handful of colorful balloons to surprise him when he returns from work. **grin**

Happy Birthday, T...I love you and I'm grateful for you in my life.

1 comment:

Trueself said...

Sending Happy Birthday wishes to The Man. Hope the birthday party went well.