Remember me?
I can't believe it's been 5 months (??!!) since I last blogged. Whew. I don't want to bore you all with all the details of the past 5 months so I'll just toss out a few bullet points:
- Still happily living in my little apartment. Around Christmas time my best friend, C, commented that I cannot move anytime soon because I've just finally gotten it set up the way I want. She's right. It's not perfect, it's older but it's mine and I love the way things are now. It's mine and Bug's HOME. *happy sigh*
- I haven't had contact with much of my family since Halloween. We spent Thanksgiving with C's family. I spent Christmas Eve solo as Bug was with JD. Christmas Day Bug and I spent together, we had a good day, it was very low key and relaxing.
- New Years was spent with good friends at home, laughing and joking. C, Bug, and I left New Years Day for a long weekend away at a town just north of us. Swimming, board games, and good old fashioned relaxation was the order. Good times.
- I enjoyed a week (technically 8 days) in Mexico in January. It was FANTASTIC. Met some amazing new friends, had a fantastic time, came back with a killer tan (much of it's faded now...*sigh*) and some awesome memories. Will definitely be making the trip again next year. Fun times. I missed Bug like crazy but it was good to get away and have some adult time too.
- February was pretty low key.
- I've met a new man...he's wonderful. It's pretty early in the relationship and we're taking things slow, neither of us wants to get hurt or hurt anyone but we definitely feel a strong connection to each other. There has been lots of very honest, no punches pulled type conversations. I don't have a problem asking him things or telling him how I feel and vice versa. It's good. C laughed when she met him and said, "He's definitely your type". Heh He's got that bad boy edge but he's a gentleman, romantic, and a sweetheart. I am enjoying him a lot.
- P is still around. He has made no effort to end his relationship and I told him that I could be his friend but I couldn't be his girlfriend. I know that for all intents and purposes he doesn't have a "real" marriage but they still live in the same house and still do things together socially. I know that it's all for the kids but that's not enough for me. I need someone who is committed to me and is part of my life. I want/need to be first or at least in the top two if children are in the equation. Now that I've been seeing the new man and I told P, he's been much more attentive and "present". He calls/texts all the time and I feel like while he may think it's making an effort it's clearly too little, too late. I think he's trying to "win me back" and it's not going to work. I am very happy with the new man - he's SINGLE, has his own business, his own home, and most importantly he's willing to be present and committed in a relationship.
- I recently re-started my weight loss efforts and I'm happy to say that I am down almost 15 lbs.! It feels great to see my efforts paying off. I have a few things coming up over the next few months and so I have some definite goals in mind. I will get there...I am worth it. =)
I think that's about it. Things with JD have been pretty quiet and low key. The drama is few and far between so that's always a good thing.
Was supposed to spend the day with the new man but he has come down with some nasty bug and has been holed up in bed for the day. I have a roast in the crock pot right now and I think I'll put together a plate once it's done and take it over to him. That's another really nice thing...he lives less than 15 minutes away. That's been virtually unheard of for me in my most recent relationships. Most times the men I'm involved with are 30 minutes to an hour away. Not terribly conducive to impromptu meetings and such.
All in all, life is good. Bug is growing by leaps and bounds, he's insanely smart and witty and sarcastic (like his momma!) and sweet and loving. I marvel at how amazing he is on a daily basis.
Was supposed to spend the day with the new man but he has come down with some nasty bug and has been holed up in bed for the day. I have a roast in the crock pot right now and I think I'll put together a plate once it's done and take it over to him. That's another really nice thing...he lives less than 15 minutes away. That's been virtually unheard of for me in my most recent relationships. Most times the men I'm involved with are 30 minutes to an hour away. Not terribly conducive to impromptu meetings and such.
All in all, life is good. Bug is growing by leaps and bounds, he's insanely smart and witty and sarcastic (like his momma!) and sweet and loving. I marvel at how amazing he is on a daily basis.


No comments:
Post a Comment